LegacyGT.com

who wants cheap tires with free shipping!!

team23jordan

Just got this email for Discount Tire...

"Thank you for taking advantage of our low prices and special sale! The response has been beyond our wildest expectations!

We've sounded the "all hands on deck" alarm, and we've got everyone working double-time to fill your order. Unfortunately we're still overwhelmed, so much so that you may not have heard from us yet.

We promise to process and ship your order just as soon as possible, so be on the look-out for our confirmation email with your tracking numbers.

Thanks again for shopping with Discount Tire Direct!"

2005 LGT w/ dom. 3 + meth - Sold.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to get the deal for a winter setup and this TPMS is kind of annoying. Does anyone know if the TPMS is the same between the 07 and 08??

The guy at DTD is hesitant to send me the wheel/tire setup with the TPMS installed because they don't have any info on the 08 models yet.

Maybe, I'll just forget about the TPMS and live with the stupid light.

Jim

Stock tire 215/45/17's are approx 8.5" wide, 225/45/17's are approx 8.9" wide, stock rim is 7" wide ...

I thought normal rule of thumb was the tires section width shouldn't go more than 1.5" wider than the rim (see XenonK's sticky).

Looks like I'll be the first to try the Hankook I Pike on the Spec B. Could not pass up the deal....17 inch seven spoke "Weapon" rims and the tires for $760. Spoke with the dealer....can go without the TPMS as long as you don't mind the light staying on...save about $200.

Any thoughts about the I Pike? I will post a thread once I drive the tire.

I saw those Drag rims, they look really nice. Anyone know anything about the quality of them?

no real good info on them but hard to beat for the price...I got a set for winter duty. we'll see how they do.

Anyone even geta shipping confirmation yet? My order should be coming out of the Ohio warehouse but all I get is emails about how they got slammed. I wanted to test fit the wheels before winter hits.

PGT, what color did you get?

I ordered on October 18th, got the initial we're getting slammed email on the 19th, Order Tracking email on the 22nd and I received my tires yesterday. They were being shipped from Ohio to Kentucky. I saved $50 in taxes by shipping it to KY!

I had a cousin order tires 2 days before me shipped to the same address and he just received his we're getting slammed email yesterday.

I also had a cousin order the same time I did to the same address and he also just got his we're getting slammed email yesterday.

It seems random to me... Maybe by last name, maybe depending on the tire you ordered.

Anyone even geta shipping confirmation yet? My order should be coming out of the Ohio warehouse but all I get is emails about how they got slammed. I wanted to test fit the wheels before winter hits.

PGT, what color did you get?

anthracite. my MINI is dark grey, so it should look great.

I got 8 tires delivered to my house on wednesday. I'm impressed at how fast the free shipping was. I mounted Kumho ASX's on my Legacy, and will soon put Yokohama Iceguards on my wife's car. Also, for those of you that paid for new valve stems, they're nice metal ones.

Archived