LegacyGT.com

Putting High beams in the lows

NateWA

anybody converted high beams to put in the lows for their car? Im thinking of doin it this weekend so I can actually see. for my accord it would be a 9005 to 9006 conversion just trim the 9005 and im good to go. I dont think there will be any overwattage problems cause the 9005 is the stock high beam so it should be able to handle 2 more.. anything I should be careful of?

That's not going to do you any good. The high beam bulbs are no brighter than the low beam bulbs. They just sit in a different reflector/projector that spreads the light out more. The low beam projector focuses the light down more on the road so that you don't blind oncoming drivers. In my last car, both the high and low beams used 9007 bulbs. If you're not happy with how bright your low beams are then you should consider switching to a different brand.

Wow, you must be blind! The Legacy from 05+ has the best Halogen lights out there. The reflectors are very sharp!

If you want brighter, just go HID. Cheap kits here on the site from reputable sellers.

IBsomeonesayshowhidsarecrapandillegal

X

---

I don't get this thread...

OP- you want to get rid of the H7 series low beam bulb and go with another? who cares? It's the housing and the projector that do all the work.

If you want brighter, go buy some 100W H7's and throw them in there... PM me when you melt your harnesses and cause an engine fire.

ok.. I understand what your doing.

I did this on my Integra back in the day.

yes you would take the 9005 bulb from the highbeam and trim the top part so that it will fit into 9006 slot of the low beam.

You don't glare anymore then stock but with the higher wattage of the high beams you get a little more light.

In my own opinion its not worth the effort. Just go buy some silverstars and you'll be more than satisfied.

Holy this sounds like some sweet ricer mod. Purple coated bulbs sound like some PIAA 6000k+ HID simulation which aren't going to get you better lighting.

4K and down. stick with DOT approved models.

I am a former Honda Fan-Boy who has had many lighting variations in my days, but ***king around with the lighting system with trimmed or Frankensteined bulbs is not a good idea.

If you want to get more light, buy some better lights, like Silverstars, like MiniSG says, or leave them alone.

The cops aren't born yesterday... they can spot hacked lights from a mile away and they'll be more than happy to hand out a ticket to some older Honda with 'altered lighting'. i don't care if it's SoCal, Vancouver, whatever...

Archived