LegacyGT.com

16.8 MPG What the F#@!!

^ I've noticed that phenomenon as well and posted about it last spring. Also, winter gas formulations are starting to show up and I get about 10% less mileage just from that.

Winter gas formulations?! I've got some research to do.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't feel bad, I've averaged 18 mpg on my 2.5i - all city/BQE traffic driving. But I also get 30+ on the highway-----87 oct

something wrong bro.....you've seen me drive, and I get 23mpg around town, 32mpg highway......

oh but wait, I bet you're still in break-in mode.....during that time I was getting 19mpg

Don't feel bad fellars... I'm in the same boat. I can often get even worse around town (12, 14, 15...) putting around NYC before adding any highway or open stretch mileage. Sucks... :eek:. I'm averaging about 18.5 after 7K miles.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

You also have the issue of additional time for the engine to heat up. It's terribly inefficient when the block is cold, running smog pumps (on some cars, and I think the 07+ GT's at least) for emissions, etc.

I was getting 18-20mpg when I lived around the city (couple short trips plus my 30 min hiway commute) but now that I live with the gf, my primary driving is a 45 minute hiway commute and my average has jumped to 22-23mpg.

This is on 225/40-18 summer rubber @ 34 PSI f/r... only change was the avg trip length and speed.

im having similar problems and its b/c of your cai and your reflash, the car doesnt adapt to a cai with a cobb reflash, cobb will only work with there cai or a stock airbox as specified on the info regarding the maps

something wrong bro.....you've seen me drive, and I get 23mpg around town, 32mpg highway......

oh but wait, I bet you're still in break-in mode.....during that time I was getting 19mpg

I'm hoping you're right....i'm @ 2500 miles

I dont know why there are so many threads about people unhappy with the millage of the gt. If people are that concerned, they should have gotten a 2.5i. I dont car if i get 14mpg city. As long as i got the performance, MPG is a secondary thing.

I have a 05' Legacy GT with Perrin CBE and a CAI and that's it. When I bought my car I was getting approximately 20-21 MPG, now I am lucky if I get 17 MPG.:mad: Does anybody else get gas mileage like this?? I do all of the normal oil changes with synthetic oil and all other normal maintenance.

Cut off your right foot.

Problem solved.

I have a 05' Legacy GT with Perrin CBE and a CAI and that's it. When I bought my car I was getting approximately 20-21 MPG, now I am lucky if I get 17 MPG.:mad: Does anybody else get gas mileage like this?? I do all of the normal oil changes with synthetic oil and all other normal maintenance.

Is your car tuned for those mods with an AP or similar?

I dont know why there are so many threads about people unhappy with the millage of the gt. If people are that concerned, they should have gotten a 2.5i. I dont car if i get 14mpg city. As long as i got the performance, MPG is a secondary thing.

that logic would make sense if we were driving 8cyl beasts, but a 4cyl turbo or no turbo shouldnt get 14mpg......

All city this car is terrible for gas mileage. Too easy to get into boost :)

5eat stage 2

14-15 mpg all city/26-28 mpg all highway

Also Symmetrical AWD doesn't help the gas mileage...

Same thing with Audi QUATTRO etc etc...

Let alone the turbo spool etc...

I am averaging 18 mpg on the city... (This of course is with limited Spirited Driving)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Dude, you put on BIGGER WHEELS. That means for the same speed, they are turning slower! Therefore:

your speedo will read lower than before

your odometer will turn slower

any mileage calc based on odometer will be wrong

(Also the wheels might be heavier and tires might have more rolling resistance.)

I can't believe this thread is 4 pages, lol.

I just changed my plugs about 5,000 miles ago and also thought it might help a little but it didn't. I also just put new 18" wheels and tires on about 3,000 miles ago. Guess I will just have to deal with it, I like the car too much. Thanks for the advice.

that logic would make sense if we were driving 8cyl beasts, but a 4cyl turbo or no turbo shouldnt get 14mpg......

not necessarily true. the vf40 spools very quickly and its very hard to stay out of boost even in city driving. while in boost, you consume as much fuel as a 5.0L engine since the stock boost target is around double atmopheric preassure which effectivly doubles our engine's diplacement. I know there is more to it than that, but for all intesive purposes, in boost our engine consumes fuel like a v8, if not faster. A slower spooling turbo would allow better city mileage since you say out of boost more at lower RPM.

Archived