LegacyGT.com

Go Rockies!!!!!!!!!!

tommypenguin

I am so pumped about that win last night, I don't think the rockies can be beaten this year again. I hope they send the snakes home on a plane tonight and advance to the world series. Never thought I would say that about the Rockies. Who's been watching the rockies this postseason?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
being a Yankee fan I'm rooting for the Rockies

its cool watching the lil guy win while your big dawgs are home:rolleyes:

It's nice to see a team in baseball who doesn't spend over 200mil on payroll have a chance. Heck the rockies have one of the lowest payrolls, goes to show you don't always get what you pay for...

It's nice to see a team in baseball who doesn't spend over 200mil on payroll have a chance. Heck the rockies have one of the lowest payrolls, goes to show you don't always get what you pay for...

Yeah, but it would have been nice to have an owner that would spend money to keep it's own guys. The Rockies have let too many good players go over the years. All of these up-and-coming young Rockies will be playing for Boston and New York of the world when their contract is up. I'm glad they are winning but I refuse to jump on the band wagon for that reason.

being a Yankee fan I'm rooting for the Rockies

its cool watching the lil guy win while your big dawgs are home:rolleyes:

I'm a Yanks fan as well (and Cubbies), but I do like to see my hometown team winning. Been watching the games and they are unstoppable. Can't wait to watch the game tonight at The Bank. Wish it wasn't on so late though!:mad:

Yeah, but it would have been nice to have an owner that would spend money to keep it's own guys. The Rockies have let too many good players go over the years. All of these up-and-coming young Rockies will be playing for Boston and New York of the world when their contract is up. I'm glad they are winning but I refuse to jump on the band wagon for that reason.

I know what you mean, we have let a ton of great talent walk and we will continue to do so seeing howour payroll I think is like 65mil. The yanks are close to 300 and the Red Sox are around 230 if I recall. When they are offering contracts for one player that is bigger than a whole team's payroll you can see why small market teams just about never can compete in baseball. I hate baesball's structure, its awful and a hard salary cap is the only thing that could fix it and make the playing field more level for small market teams. That is why i think the rockies run is so special because we have a great farm team and have raised great players, not because we bought the great players like NY or Boston. Unfortunately it won't surprise me when NY and Boston clean out our locker room in the off season with fatty contracts we simply just cant match.

I knew we had something when they swept the yanks but I didn't think they would make it this far. Glad I was wrong. A month ago most fans or at least the news media were were all for firing Clint Hurdle and now they want to name him manager of the year.

And poo on you if you bought your first piece of rockies merch in the last 2 weeks. You won't be wearing it next season when Holliday takes a multi million dollar contract with the Yankees.

So long $10 cheap seats.

+1

The announcers keep asking if the Rockies can keep up with the bats in the AL...but we actually fared really well against the AL this year. Including going 2-1 against Boston (and that was scoring 12 and 7 against Schilling and Beckett).

I can't wait for their first trip to the World Series

Can't wait to see these guys in the World Series.

To think, I saw them in Mid Sept at Coors Stadium (they were playing the Padres then, who were battling for first place:lol:) and here they are racing toward a pennant!! Awesome!

Damn I am speechless, I just can't believe they made it, I watched the rockies a bit this year, and I thought they were a good young team, but I never thought they would be standing at the podium tonight after 2 sweeps. I hope they have one more broom left in the closet.

Thats the thing I thought AZ had a really good team this year and the rockies came up with the clutch plays the whole series and never really gave the Dbacks a chance. After the rockies have been so bad for so long, if you're a fan of the underdog you got to pull for the Rocks.

And poo on you if you bought your first piece of rockies merch in the last 2 weeks. You won't be wearing it next season when Holliday takes a multi million dollar contract with the Yankees.

So long $10 cheap seats.

I've been wearing my free hat I got this year at the Cubs game.:lol: When I go to the games, I wear my Buckeyes shit. Gotta represent my real team!

Thats the thing I thought AZ had a really good team this year and the rockies came up with the clutch plays the whole series and never really gave the Dbacks a chance. After the rockies have been so bad for so long, if you're a fan of the underdog you got to pull for the Rocks.

I thought the same thing.

I do like though how Byrnes said he was going to lead by example in game 4 and then went 0-5 on the night...

I was at the game last night... with my broom! Man... prior to this summer I never liked baseball or Subarus... my how things change quickly. That was just a crazy fun scene last night! I am a Broncos season ticket holder and have always liked Bronco games much better than Rockies games, but being at that stadium last night was surely something special. I hopped on the bandwagon about 3 weeks ago and don't think I will ever get off...

Gotta get me some World Series tix... wish I didn't have to work Monday mornings.... grrrrr...

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I'm glad for you guys, it's like when the Canucks make it deep into the playoffs or even get to the finals... underdogs always, and it lights up a whole city!

I'm pulling for them too! Francis the Ace is a local boy!

I'm glad for you guys, it's like when the Canucks make it deep into the playoffs or even get to the finals... underdogs always, and it lights up a whole city!

I'm pulling for them too! Francis the Ace is a local boy!

Dude, I was so pulling for Vancouver when they played NY in the cup. Tragic game 7.

i know i'll be buying tickets for the game tomorrow morning when they go on sale....

....(to turn them around and sell them for a profit and get myself an RBS grille, hah!) kidding

and by tomorrow morning i meant monday.

brian

Ticket sales have been suspended for now and they may be back up later today...I spend 2+hours trying for tix with no luck

Yeah, i heard that only a couple hundred tickets got sold. I also hear they are probably going to announce tonight that they will start ticket sales again tomorrow

Archived