LegacyGT.com

Trade or Sell The LGT ??

Guest Gitster

Yeah im way over all that, ill run it into the ground unless I can afford to trade it in for a new one at some point :)

good for you. i am itching for the new STI, but i know that it does not make financial sense. i might have to do a turbo upgrade instead, and leverage that versus a new car with the wife :spin:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read the whole thread, but chances are you probably got screwed from the beginning on your loan. You should go to your bank and see if you can at least refinance what you've got remaining. Depending on the original apr just refinancing what you've got left can probably save you $1000 maybe more. It all depends on how your loan was structured as well. If the bank calculated the interest for the whole life of the loan and had you pay the interest off first, then you're probably in deeper than you thought. I would talk to your bank and figure out whats going on with it, and aks them to give you some options.

Oh yeah one more thing. If on your trade in etc. you find that they change your money etc. Be ready to walk away.

A refinance is not bad for your credit. It's just trading one loan for another. You could probably do another 60 months with the refinance. You will end up spending more in interest over the long term but it will lower your monthly payment. Check with the place you bank with. Banks will often give interest rate discounts if you let them deduct the payment automatically from your checking or savings. Good luck.

Guest Gitster

Thanks, but I am not having trouble affording my monthly. I was just considering trading down on a lesser valued vehicle to lower my monthly and basically what I owe.

It has been determined that since I piled on the mileage in the first year, my depreciation has been huge, so trading down is not worth it financially.

I WILL run it into the ground. :lol: Or build a monster out of it and trade up for a newer one when financially viable :cool:

Archived