LegacyGT.com

Trade or Sell The LGT ??

Guest Gitster

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gitster
I did. I meant cheaper than the ones you were considering.

Right, but no I dont want a car thats worth less than $10k. Im high class all the way :lol::lol::lol:

Right, but no I dont want a car thats worth less than $10k. Im high class all the way :lol::lol::lol:

I can sell you this for 10K, but I may have to charge a little more for the stripes!

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/211491/CivicOldCheapRicerFront.jpg

It is a civic as well, and it'll get you mad pussy guaranteed!

X

---

I just bought my GT.... The dealer gave me more than what i owed for the car i traded in, to pay off the loan, have you gone to any dealers to talk to them about what your options are?

This was my situation... Payed 18K for a 06 2.5i had it for about 3 months and decided i didnt like it and my interest rate was almost 10% at the end of the loan i would have payed over 7K in interest.

So i went to a dealer worked with them and they gave me 20K for the 2.5i, a lower interest rate on the car and 3 years shorter loan for a pretty good deal.

Guest Gitster
I just bought my GT.... The dealer gave me more than what i owed for the car i traded in, to pay off the loan, have you gone to any dealers to talk to them about what your options are?

This was my situation... Payed 18K for a 06 2.5i had it for about 3 months and decided i didnt like it and my interest rate was almost 10% at the end of the loan i would have payed over 7K in interest.

So i went to a dealer worked with them and they gave me 20K for the 2.5i, a lower interest rate on the car and 3 years shorter loan for a pretty good deal.

I have not been anywhere, Im just speaking out loud.

Thats very interesting, sounds like one of a kind dealer :lol: :lol:

Oh well la ti da Mr. Frenchman. I paid $9000 for my LGT and havent been happier. Much better than my original LGT my dad paid $16k for. Mwah!

I could probably scrounge together $7k when my employee stock options come around at the end of the month.

I was going to use $5k of that to pay off an outstanding credit card. Which is killing me.

Lets say I paid off enough as to where I owe'd only $10k in principle on the car (Ill deal with the credit card in some other way). Then what is the best option ?

No offense my friend, but you need more diligence on your finances, looks like you are making purchases higher than you can actually afford...

It all depends on the interest you got on your credit card (not cheap i am sure), and the interest you got on your Chase loan. Remember, usually CC interests are way higher than a car loan. Another idea is to apply for a 0% credit card, transfer the balance from your cc and extend it as much as you can with the offer, and use the money to amortize the LGT loan, that way you will be able to keep it, refi or trade if that's what you want to do.

Perfonally I would keep it, once it already has 40K miles, and the larger depreciation has already happened.

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

So you say you have $7K coming at the end of the month...

Option 1:

Since you are upside down $3400 on the car... you are not saving any money overall buy getting a $15000 used car. This is assuming you can actually get the full $18K KBB Retail.

So. Keep LGT and pay off credit card debt FIRST.

Option 2:

Take LGT to Carmax and see how much they will give you for it. (You may be surprised)

Take LGT to Subaru dealer and see how much they will give you for it. (I doubt they would give you KBB Retail if or even close to trade in price)

If both of the above scenarios are crap.

Take RobE's offer and sell car for $17K.

Take $1400 of the $7k and pay off the loan on the car.

Take the rest and pay off credit card debt.

Buy used car for $10K.

The most important thing to both options is to pay off your credit card debt FIRST.

I agree with the consensus here and just keep the car. The credit card bill should be your #1 priority, the longer that bill hangs around the more money you're giving them. With that bill paid for then that should free up money to help pay off the LGT.

Also I'd take a long hard look at your finances and spending habits. I've had to do that recently and its hard to admit to yourself that you're living above your means. Its just something you have to do or else you'll dig yourself a deeper hole.

Guest Gitster

:lol:

I appreciate the advice on my finances, but I actually do pretty well for myself. I never said I couldn't afford the car, I just feel I dont need it. If keeping it right now is the best thing then thats what it will be.

Im still reeling from 5 years of college, I have a large amount of debt, its not that I wasn't debt savvy to an extent, but my finances are in order. I graduated college with ab out $12k in credit card debt, and $20k in student loans (which is nothing). The credit card debt is now around $7k and I owe an additional $18k on the car.

Without the school debt I wouldn't be in the financial position that I am in now ;)

I will continue to make the payments on the car and make my credit cards my number 1 priority.

Thanks Again.

Wait wait wait wait!

So now you are changing your tune! I though you said that you needed to change also because where you are moving having a LGT was not really practical? I say if you are driving that much, then you need a commuter beater car! No need to put so many miles on such a nice car. Another strike against you is that your car is out of warranty already.

X

---

Archived