LegacyGT.com

My baby got toasted

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish - I'm pretty sure that all of my mods got fried...I can get my accessport though...my other mods were:

MadDad coated Headers/Up

Cobb HFC Downpipe

AEM Cold air intake

JDM RSB

Carbotech Bobcats

SS Brake Lines

Goodyear Eagle F1's

with the exception of the rear sway (which isn't all that valuable) the rest of it was right there in the fire... I'll check it out tomorrow, but don't hold out any hope.

Hopefully you have pics of ur mods so you can be reimbursed for those too. I wanted to make sure the money I'm dumping into my car would come back if it's totalled, so I called my insurance company (USAA) and asked if I should keep receipts...they said take pictures of everything. So, maybe tomorrow you should take really good pics (not only for us).

Unfortunately, it isn't my insurance company I'll be dealing with, since he's at fault - since he left in an ambulance (I don't think he was hurt...too badly) I didn't get a chance to ask for his insurance - the police got it from him, though and I'll call them tomorrow. I'm just afraid he has some podunk company that will try to rip me off...So I should call HIS insurance company and ask them about mods? Or would they even care? Would talking to my insurance company do anything? Also, do I need to take the parts off of the car, or could I just take some snapshots on the car....

I wouldn't call them performance modifications, I would just say you had some "aftermarket upgrades" or something to that affect. If they ask questions, list your eyelines/lip/spoiler (if you had them) until they tell you how that works out. Then tell us what they say and we'll go from there.

Lol, the only exterior mod I had was a mesh grill...I guess I could include the STi short shifter, and the shift knob maybe? I'm on the right track, right? See how they react to some of the upgrades and then decide if I should ask about the performance goodies? In case they try to come up with some BS about my downpipe making me not be able to avoid Jeeps? LoL

Hopefully you have pics of ur mods so you can be reimbursed for those too. I wanted to make sure the money I'm dumping into my car would come back if it's totalled, so I called my insurance company (USAA) and asked if I should keep receipts...they said take pictures of everything. So, maybe tomorrow you should take really good pics (not only for us).

I have USAA, and asked insurance about mods after they totalled out the car. It was my friend's body shop, so he included all the mods into the price. Usaa came back and faxed him a lower price. Then they contacted me and gave me yet another lower price. Basically my wife's GT was STG 2, and had gold STI BBS, brakelines, cobb pads, front rear sways, all of that. They told me i couldn't touch the car. I must have had invested $6000 in the few months before the accident. If it wasn't my friends shop, i probably couldn't have gone in on a sunday to strip the car. It was also the other guys fault, and he is still paying my wife's bills. So just keep in mind that car parts actually depreciate the value of your car (don't ask). I guess they figure it's got to be less reliable that bone stock. I don't really car, I'll mod all my cars until the end.

Oh to the OP, glad to hear you're safe and sound. Now go shopping for your new car. :D

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks for sharing. I've never had any problems with USAA. Half my family has them, we all do car, homeowners, and plenty of other misc. things like my wife's wedding ring. I wonder if we're "in" with them. My family has always come out ahead when dealing with them.

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks for sharing. I've never had any problems with USAA. Half my family has them, we all do car, homeowners, and plenty of other misc. things like my wife's wedding ring. I wonder if we're "in" with them. My family has always come out ahead when dealing with them.

Same company, same results.

Amen! Same here. Great Company.

Go Cardinals!

??So if I take pictures of my parts they can partially reimburse me?? that would be sweet! I'll go ahead and do that - thanks for the tip!
only if your insurance covers those extra parts. and usually if you ask them for the extra coverage of after market parts your premiums might go up. good luck. they may cover them as well;)

Yeah, they have me for two car insurance policies, the wedding ring insurance policy as well as my homeowners insurance. G/L, with USAA, don't get me wrong, I still like them for their prompt service, as well as their abilities to handle claims and medical or otherwise, and will continue to use them in the future. :)

Archived