LegacyGT.com

is-f official release

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I've read, the IS-F only uses the torque converter in first gear in manual mode, after that, a clutch locks the engine crank directly to the drive shaft from gears 2-8, so there is no loss of power to the wheels. Apparently the thing will engine brake in whatever gear if you let off the gas, just like a manual. I've been reading a bunch of previous posts also. In regards to luxury, I've been in the BMW 335, the Mercedes C-class, and the IS350, and I can say quite comfortably that the BMW has the crappiest interior of them all and the Mercedes and Lexus are about dead even in quality of the interiors. I personally think the Lexus is much nicer in it's layout, but that's just my opinion. The quality of materials is excellent in both. The BMW sucks though. It just looks and feels cheap. After watching all those videos I have 2 words: Me Likey.

• 3 weeks later...

Clarkson's secret passion.

Other cars I’m looking forward to? The Abarth version of the Fiat 500, the Jag XF with the new V8, and quietly, because it’s a bit embarrassing, the Lexus IS-F. Theoretically, this stands no chance of being better than the BMW M3 or the Audi RS4, leave alone the gloriously insane Mercedes C 63.

And yet deep down inside, I have a sneaking suspicion it’ll marry the sheer blood-curdling, ear-bashing excitement of a rear-drive 5 litre V8 sports saloon with the sort of quality you normally find only in a mechanical heart. It’s good looking too, in a Wilmslow sort of way.

Archived