LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girl and i are no longer :( , but it lets me mod the leggy a little more!!! instead of buy her a xmas gift. I still plan on going up for the holiday season though.

Sorry to hear that! It is a great way to reduce sprung weight on the LGT! Come on up for the holidays too, Colorado is an awesome place!

Ted.......let's do it! Or no, either way, I'm lifting the truck this weekend...my kidneys are killing me from this 23 year old suspension!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I got the Megan CBE with the DP for that reason. The flange on the stock mid-pipe just doesn't look like it has enough surface area to seal properly to me. There is actually an adapter you can buy. I found a thread about it on the FXT website. They have the same problem that we do. But the little thing was almost $100 so I didn't think that would be money well spend. Anyway, if you really that worry about it just jack the car up spray some soapy water on the flange and turn the car on. Wiggle the the whole exhaust system with your hand and see if there are bubbles.

I'm not concerned about leaks as much as where teh DP mounts to the turbo. The exhaust is supposed to flex (hence the donut), and mine no longer can. I just wonder if the lack of flex can potentialy cause damage.

Megan's CBE has a flex mid-pipe so it helps with that too. Anytime you take away a structure's ability to flex you are introducing stress to another part of that structure. Is it possible that this could cause the turbo housing to crack? Yes, it's possible. Is it likely? Probably not. I think it's far more likely that you will get a leak before it will cause any damage.

I will know by tomorrow...

I will post up a tentative meet on the first page. Who is in if we do this?

The big problem right now is that I might have to be somewhere else, and technically I am supposed to be there with you all :(

:spin:

The rear half of the exhaust is on rubber hangers....flexy

That's part of the issue. With the stock setup mufflers and y-pipe could flex around the donut gasket without transferring the force upstream. Without the donut gasket the flexing allowed by the rubber hangers will transmit all the way up the down pipe and turbo housing.

I'm a no go- it's Halloween biznatches! Hope we can do another AFA Auto Hobby Day in the future.

Hey, has anyone heard of improving your snow driving skills out at that Georgetown Lake? I heard they do teaching out there. I wonder if there's anywhere where we could drive in snow/ice (in a wide open area) for free.?

I get the lgt back today from gettin the spec 2+ clutch, fly, and new tranny housing. It has been gone for 6 weeks I am tired of driving my dads Tundra. Tonight i am going to rip appart the factory braking system and install at least the Front Brembo set. Probably wait on the rears for tomorrow!

Which track day? How do you tear up a rotor? Braking too hard?

One of the pads I got from Keefe at the beginning was pretty worn and it ended up scoring my rotor pretty bad. If I had just pulled it and had it turned right after it wouldn't have been a problem. But of course I procrastinated and now it's in pretty bad shape.

I wonder if there's anywhere where we could drive in snow/ice (in a wide open area) for free.?

Wal Mart after a big snow! I have an abandoned King Soopers by my place that's great for playing!

On the install day...I have so much to do.... I'll probably just plan to do it in my garage, but once Ted has confirmed plans I'll make up my mind :spin:

life in spin cycle.....:spin: