LegacyGT.com

Jacksonville is on the map!!!!!!!

TPLGT

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got some springs for dads car, (not saying price cause i'd blow your mind), hopefully putting dp on by this weekend, tires going on in the next week or so, waiting on putting my springs on cause im putting konis with em.

bill hooked me up with the springs btw;) and hes got a single exit exaust for a lgt forsale

i remember bigggggant, joe_1985, carl, and someone else with the silver lgt talking about detailing their cars. I have a lot of products to do it, but i have always been afraid to touch a power buffer. i always do it by hand.

I would like to get my car (and my wifes) looking good but when you guys were talking about different colored pads and whatnot, you lost me! What are some good products to get to get my cars looking super clean.

I forget exactly what i have but i do know that i have a lot of meguires wax and interior stuff and some clay. to tell you the truth i have never clayed a car before. How do you do it? Just spray the cleaner lub stuff on and go to town with the clay bar???? I want my cars feeling as smooth as a baby's a$$! What do i need!

thanks

mike

biggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggant knows some good forums for that stuff, I used autogeek.net's forums and videos. This was my first time with a porter cable and there's little to fear. The dual action makes it near impossible to burn your paint.

As for products, I used all poorboy's world products. Inexpensive, very easy to use in sun and shade, and fantastic results. Used them with Lake Country CCR foam pads to great results.

damn i gotta work sunday but im off saturday and friday

yup the eibachs...the stiff non lowering ones

should i bring my air tools and tank

im waiting till a week or 2 to do mine, koni just came out with adjustibles for the lgt, skrew bilsteins:lol:

whats everyone doing this weekend?

im getting my tires mouted today and starting a custom airbox project for dads 2.5 se , also have to go get the gokart realighned and the o2 reflanged on it.

oh btw biggggant im up to 24.5 mpg avg

maybe tomarrow, i gotta finish fabbing us a new air intake;)

put the go kart back togather

get a lil rest

got my tires put on today at blc, guy offered me a job, im calling monday to see when i can start:cool:

btw the intake im making will work for the gt and 2.5i, i just need to get some mesh, jb weld, and some paint and the prototype will be done and ill try to find a camra and pist pics of prototype, if u like i can make em for a nominal fee now that ive been to harbor freight muahahahaha /end evil laughter.

it got flamed, i still gots sanding and molding to do but thats when the intake pipe gets here,

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/Joe_1985/063.jpg

hahaha not funny I had it up to 23.5 or something when I went to st aug last weekend

whats everyone doing this weekend?

im getting my tires mouted today and starting a custom airbox project for dads 2.5 se , also have to go get the gokart realighned and the o2 reflanged on it.

oh btw biggggant im up to 24.5 mpg avg

Eh, airshow yesterday not so much. Spent about 8 hours detailing inside and treating the leather. BTW the woolite kicked the ass of the $8 bottle of Zymol leather cleaner, and I followed that with Poorboy's leather stuff. That leather stuff is great cause you can use it on just about everything inside, not just the leather.

glad to hear the woolite worked out!!!! Also great job on the ob man look nice and shiney maybe you and I can learn how to wet sand by practicing on that front bumper :p

Hey, might be a potential idea. I'm not even going to try to fix it. I'm going to go with repair by eventual replacement because of the rediculous amount of chips on there.

joe_1985--- you get those springs on???? how do they look if you did??? What kind of air box mod are you going to do with ur pops car??? did you check out that one intake that i posted a link for???? that one looks pretty nice!

Do you (or anybody for that matter) have a 6 inch straight piece of 3" alluminum pipe laying around (like for FMIC and intakes)? I am trying to fix my intake so that it is better fitting!

I am contemplating selling the 2.5se and find an older 2.5rs with an STi engine swap in it....what are your thoughts! On one hand i want to keep it but on the other i miss my 04 wrx! I am torn right now!

here is the link if you or anyone else is interested!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74144

u mean that rs for 11,500 on craigslist

nah didnt get the spring on either car yet, been 2 busy fixing my truck and other car and the lawnmower

dads gasmilage went up to 26mpg after i did the box mod, still havent had time to mold and paint it yet though

btw wanna trade shifters?

Anyone know someone that can lay down some sod on the cheap? Freakin' home associations...hehe.

Anyway, house is coming along...so, haven't had much of a chance to post. Joe, it was good meeting your dad...

As for another meet, there's one coming up, but, I don't know if I am gonna make it, with TG'ing and all. Of course, we can all meet up else where...soon.

Hope all is well with everyone...peace.

what area is the 2.5rs at on craigs??? does it have an sti engine in it? I really like the gas milage on my car so i am torn. If i could find one for like 10-11K with an sti engine that would give me 4-5K to do an STi 6 speed/ drive train swap so that i will have a better tranny and brakes and DCCD! The 2.5rs tranny will break in a heart beat with an sti engine and a 5 speed wrx tranny (02-05) will bust 2nd and one from 06-07 will bust 3rd! Clay had a JDM sti v7 engine in his red RS and he busted his tranny and then rebuilt it with RA gears but when he is going 60mph in 5th gear he is at 4k rpm. An sti would be sweet cuz not only can you throw it in 6ht but if i get the USDM sti tranny is comes with DCCD! It will be a b to wire but i think that it will be worth it!

u mean that rs for 11,500 on craigslist

nah didnt get the spring on either car yet, been 2 busy fixing my truck and other car and the lawnmower

dads gasmilage went up to 26mpg after i did the box mod, still havent had time to mold and paint it yet though

btw wanna trade shifters?

Archived