LegacyGT.com

Jacksonville is on the map!!!!!!!

TPLGT

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man you could just used my pc lol.. anyways carl be very careful with the pc on the sexy black make sure to work the polish in well and dont apply too much pressure let the pad and pc do the work for you and use the least aggressive pad and polish at 1st than see if a more aggressive pad/polish combo is needed. If you need any dacp or megs # 9 let me know. If you dont read any detailing forums check out autopia.org

aslo since I know Todd loves how clean I get my baby here are some pics after i hit her with the pc this past weekend.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/biggggant/DSC04747.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/biggggant/DSC04749.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/biggggant/DSC04750.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/biggggant/DSC04752.jpg

Sorry if they are slightly yellow. The auto settings on the digi can suck sometimes. Let's see if I'll be able to hit her up before the meet

Nice, shes uber sexy now.

Yeah I was going to ask but my comptroller (aka the wife) greenlighted my purchase since I made a good case for using it over the years, and because her cr-v in pensacola needs it pretty bad (the consequences of being in flight school and washing your car once at best in a year and a half :spin:)

Not sure if I can make the next meet...moving this weekend, and then going to be busy with the new place, for a few days...so, if I am not totally exhausted, I will try to make it.

Otherwise, if people want to get together around the 210 area, or close, we can do that??

yeah they are stechs thanks to todd who had been hoarding them for about 6 months without installing them lol...Hey I'd be down to meet around the 210 area as long as we dont make it a habit haha.. Concerning the meet, should we meet up beforehand and than cruise to publix?

borrowed a buffer and liquid clay bar, also have a bottle of zymol wax

car going to be sexy soon.

also ordered tires, those should be here no later than saturday.

btw for those that bought your car new how many months did u wait to buff the paint, my father wants me to do his and its almost 3months according to the build date.

also wool 10 inch buffing pads are now 1.50 at the mandrin big lots, bought 3.

I'm back from vacation....got saome catching up to do. My car is very dirty hopefully I can get it cleaned before next weeks meet. I am in....

Nice work on the ride BigANt!

Rehab is for quitters.

I went to Disney after seling you the springs Bigant...I went on a cruise last week...very sweet...I got sun, gambled and drank...a lot.

Very relaxing..back to real world tomorrow...

Rehab is for quitters.

yay got some h techs

who wants to help me put em on when they get here

oh and my 308 dollar set of tires arrived

week just got a lil better:cool:

edit heres how detaing the car went

hand applied liquid clay bar, buffed off

same with polish

went to break out the zymol.......rained....it didnt even wait till i finished this time...maybe trying again today

Car looks gorgeous paint wise. Couldnt get all the etching out but nice and wet (of course now i made it rain so its really wet). Now onto the trim and the interior, which will have to wait until next week since I'm taking her to Sojax tonight to give em a stab at the stutter and will have a loaner tomorrow.

Car looks gorgeous paint wise. Couldnt get all the etching out but nice and wet (of course now i made it rain so its really wet). Now onto the trim and the interior, which will have to wait until next week since I'm taking her to Sojax tonight to give em a stab at the stutter and will have a loaner tomorrow.

what products and pad did you use? I'm going to hit some of my stubborn swirls with DACP (this time I'll work it in more so I dont cause swirls lol) than maybe some number 9 than the Klasse Twins or some other sealant. Maybe I'll do this tomorrow but it definitely looks like rain today. Also I'm not even sure its worth going to the dealer for the stutter just get that Cobb already lol

BTW guys check out Joes post about the meet. Lets get everyone back together again and rep the jax leggy community

Down with the get together at tinseltown.

Hit the car with poorboys ssr2.5 with a lake country yellow pad, helped a bit, but those etches are quite deep. Will probably go to ssr3 if i care enough, the car looks fantastic just with those annoying spots on the hood.

After the 2.5, got out the ssr1 with white pad, then polish with sealant with the gray pad, and topped it off with nattys blue paste wax.

I figured I'd change the plugs, see if that fixed the stutter, then give it to the dealer for one last shot before my warranty is up. Sometimes I almost think its a small vacuum leak...

And this morning, one of carpool co-workers heard me pull in (cold engine) and thought my car sounded bad. Apparently others aren't used to a little bit of clutch squeal until it warms up...

Hey Gmail guy you wouldnt happen to have any yellow or white pads youd be willing to sell to a felllow jax lgter would ya? I picked up the klasse twins today for cheap ($30 bux for both as opposed to $20 each) I just noticed one of my yellow and my white pad had rotted due to neglect.

lol its all good I think I will just use my remaiing yellow pad for the dacp than i will clean it and use that for the klasse aio and apply the sealant glaze by hand btw good choice on the poorboys. if you run outta poorboys and need new final step polish and wax just run down to the harley store and pick up some s100 shine enhancing polish and their s100 carnuba....its really p21s which is awesome stuff. I love the shine of a carnuba on black mmmm mmm goood

Archived