LegacyGT.com

Legacys with gauges show yourself!

CRAZY KEN

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I'm really diggin' the shape of that pod! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

nice...what did you drill a hole for the wires?

I just squeezed the wires though the gap between the panel for the central cubby/AC vent and the top of the dash. No drilling required.

The pod it self actually extends over the gap concealing the wire too. See pic below taken directly from the zero sports web site.

The mounting position is excellent and is much easier to see while driving compared to mounting on the A-pillar.

sm1_001.jpg.6ca6d25b29cc96dafbd6b24f186f3426.jpg

^ Wonder how that pod would fit the driver's side A-pillar section on a LHD.... as well as whether or not they make one for LHD, specifically?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 1 month later...

Forgive the thread revival.

I want to rig up a temp gauge for my ATF. I'm assuming any oil temp gauge will work, correct?

So far in this topic I've seen Defi and others, but I need a suggestion for a good gauge under $100. I've found several made by Autometer, anyone have experience with them? Are they good, do they look good?

Unfortunately their oil temperature gauge is useless to me for what I want to use it, because the limit is 100*F? I'd need one to go at least to 220*F.

Later edit: well, looks like they have gauges up to 300 but in blue.

Awesome link, thanks!

Unfortunately their oil temperature gauge is useless to me for what I want to use it, because the limit is 100*F? I'd need one to go at least to 220*F.

Later edit: well, looks like they have gauges up to 300 but in blue.

Awesome link, thanks!

This looks like their limit is above 300, and it's a matching gauge too.:confused::confused:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/alaskajoel/oiltemp.jpg

It depends on how you wire them. Most people (myself included) have them set to white during the day, and then transition to amber/red when the headlights are on. There are 3 wires behind the gauge, red 12+, orange 12+ and ground. Ground is obviously always grounded, but with the red wire powered the gauge is white, with both the red and the orange powered, the gauge is orange. (i might have my colors messed up, but you get the point)

When you put your gauges in the cubby possition it's convenient because the cubby has a light that turns on when the headlights are turned on. Tap it for your orange wire, and bam - white without headlights on, amber with them turned on.

FYI: I used white at night time for the first little while and found it to be a little too brite for night driving.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/LGT%20Stereo/HU%20and%20Faceplate/P1010004.jpg

I need to get a pic showing everything, and w/ the Aquamist guage on :lol:

But, the PLX gauge does Boost and AFR ;)

:spin:

Oh Ted, that's just too cool.

You're makin' me super jealous! :D

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/LGT%20Stereo/HU%20and%20Faceplate/P1010004.jpg

I need to get a pic showing everything, and w/ the Aquamist guage on :lol:

But, the PLX gauge does Boost and AFR ;)

awsome gauge setup. any issues with the PLX gauge? On the plx devices forums there seem to be a lot of people having issues with the iMFD.

Archived