LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Auto, or 3.0 Auto

gugarci

I'm going to be in the market for a new car soon. Currently driving a 5 speed WRX Wagon. My next car is going to an auto gearbox. I'm currently looking at the infiniti G35X, The Legacy's, and a Jetta GLI. I just love the DSG gearbox. :lol: Not too mention it gets pretty good gas milage.

Anyway in the Legacy camp will the auto gearbox work better with the turbo or the 3.0???

But, if automatic is what you are in the market for... It depends on a few things. Are you planning on modifying the car? What kind of power are you looking for? If you want something stock, the 3.0R is an H6 and is a smooth motor with the same amount of horsepower as the 2.5 turbo but it does lose some torque.

I'm partial to the 3.0R. I'm no modder, so stock is perfectly fine for me. The power adjustments from Intelligent to Sport Sharp help dial in the ride for whichever situation you need it for. It has plenty of get up and go. Plus, it's the only Leggy you can get paddle shifters on, which are quite fun to use. Oh, and the rims are unique - I love 'em!

I like to shift em myself, even on my daily. But, I've driven a manual ever since I could drive.

My girlfriend's Baja Turbo feels like it's lagging, but it's just that you don't have much control in an auto.

I'm not allowed to drive an auto because sometimes I think I'm driving a manual and I accidentally slam on the massive brake pedal when I mean to press a clutch. Quite a funny scene, actually.

pends on what u want the car for, daily, mods,is this your only vehicle?

ids hard for me to say, ive driven both, boost is nice but the 3.0r is smoother , i personally like the feel of an engine when i shift but thats me being used to toyotas and my old legacy

Well my WRX Wagon is completely stock. I'm older now so it will probably remain stock. But I can't say that with 100% certainty.

Also my daily driver has always been manual starting my with my 83 GTI. I just don't enjoy driving manual everyday any more. Plus I've develop some bad manual driving habits. That why I'm leaning very heavily towards a GLI with the DSG gearbox. Would be nice if Subaru came out with something similar. Specially since the new Evo is going to have one.

Most of the DSG's have been good. My co-workers GTI has 45k miles and has been reliable. But they are always some that will have problems.

Also I hate to bring this this up but the so called stutter on the turbos worries me a lot. A high performance car should not be stuttering under acceleration. Right now my top 3 are the Legacy, the G35X and Jetta GLI.

Archived