LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI Pic

msb175

Looks nice and all but as usual the US gets the shaft!

Later.

We don't always get the shaft. Prior to 2002 we did, but now we have most of the models the other markets get. Sure, we're a little limited on options, but that should increase as sales increase.

The good stuff is coming, just not always as quickly as we want it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't always get the shaft. Prior to 2002 we did, but now we have most of the models the other markets get. Sure, we're a little limited on options, but that should increase as sales increase.

The good stuff is coming, just not always as quickly as we want it.

The problem right now is that all manufacturers are slow. Pretty much no one is moving a ton of cars. However I've noticed a trend for the last year of so of people getting out of SUVs and getting into awd cars. I've seen a ton more Subies pop up on the road as compared to a few years ago. It seems SOJ is just extremely slow to react to the situation. I hate to say it, but one good thing Mopar has done in the last few years is take a chance with the products they release. Pretty much if their show car gets good revoews there is a 9 out of 10 chance it will be built. Subaru needs to learn to listen to what their customers want and not tell them what they want. They've grown past the we are just a cheap alternative to Audi status when they started charging over $30k for a car. THey need to be less rigid and start taking a few chances here and there or else they are going to run themselves out of business. Seriously what other car company charges $30k+ for a car an limits things like if you buy this color exterior you only can get this color interior even though they offer another interior color. Is this the best car to try this on, who knows. With such an huge influx of manufacturers starting to release their "halo" cars (ie Evo Mr, Wrx STi, finally a Skyline in the US, etc.) if Subaru sits on the sidelines and sees what everyone else does they are going to be left in the dust.

Rant off

Car companys are business, they want to make money, however they also want those halo cars that are hard to obtain. MY example would be the STi Limited. If they had 800 more in the US they would sell them right away. The Legacy STi should be the same way

Car companys are business, they want to make money, however they also want those halo cars that are hard to obtain. MY example would be the STi Limited. If they had 800 more in the US they would sell them right away. The Legacy STi should be the same way

The thing about Halo cars is that they create a buzz for the manufacturer. Right now our halo car is the R8. We've had one come in and sold it for $50k above sticker to a guy that hasn't driven stick in 25 years but had to have one now.WHile he was here he also on the spot decided to buy his wife a S4 cab. That's what a halo car does. It brings people into a dealer to check it out, and maybe buy a lesser model in hopes of someday getting that halo car.

^^ Precisely, so if SOA wants to sell some more LGT or even spec.Bs with an STI'd Legacy, they'd need to actually advertise it or at the very least get all the car mags to cover it to get some face time with the public.

The spec.B got quite a bit of press and it's selling about as quick as molasses. A tuned by STI legacy with a paltry 15 extra factory bhp and some STI specific aero add ons aren't gonna cut it and the magazines will probably say the same thing. The Brembo brakes a huge step up from the current offernings but the rest of the 'tuned by' car is a specB with STI cosmetic pieces added to it. Pink springs not exluded.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 'tuned by' car is way cool and I'd have loved to get one but I'm an admitted Subie enthusiast. SOA would have to price the car barely above spec.B levels to get a non-Subie nut (or even some Subie nuts) to bite.

Who knows, maybe some limited edition 'tuned by' cars would help showroom traffic as it would generate some attention from the car magazines.

There's only one way for SOA to find out.

How big a risk can 300 cars be?

I mean the spec.B is already made here, so bolt on the extra stuff already and let's see what happens! :spin:

I absolutely agree with this. Subaru needs a halo car. The STI is good for the boy-racer or weekend-racer crowd, but that's a fairly narrow segment of the market.

I sure hope they follow through on Tomohiro Ishitobi's comments that they forsee an STI trim level for every model line. That would be awesome! He says he thinks the market is ready for them. We've BEEN ready!

Initially I know they held the Wrx STi back cause they wanted to out do Mitsu with hp/torque. RIght now they have no excuse as to why not. THe current body Legacy has been just tweaked but it is exxentially the same car. If they release the LSTi and have some magizines do a review of it (assuming they don't give us a half arsed one) it would create a buzz about Subaru's products and get people to go to the dealers. The owner of the dealer I got my car from , can sell SPT stuff (apparently not all dealers get this right). The first thing he did was take a Wrx and put about every SPT performance part on it (exhaust, coil overs so he says, sway bars, etc). They still have that car in stock, but because they had a car they could physically show customers what the exhaust sounds like, how much better the car handles they were able to sell a TON more SPT parts. If they never take the risk, they'll never reap the rewards.

If they bring the STI legacy they have a sale right here. :)

If I could get a descent amount for trading in mine, I'll be right behind you. I just hope they don't half bring it here. I can live without the H6 TT or just turbo. I'm just not holding my breathe that it will show up. Hearing the way they operate there may indeed be a LSTi at SEMA, but thats not saying it will be for the US market.

I'm suprised I haven't heard more talk here about the Forester STI...saw it last year at the L.A. Autoshow. Was slightly shocked that they displayed this car and no Legacy STI. I would think the market for a Leggy STI would be much larger than that of a Forester...maybe I'm wrong ??

I'm suprised I haven't heard more talk here about the Forester STI...saw it last year at the L.A. Autoshow. Was slightly shocked that they displayed this car and no Legacy STI. I would think the market for a Leggy STI would be much larger than that of a Forester...maybe I'm wrong ??

you sure that was a forester STI? it wasn't WRB FXT Sport with wheels, suspension, and exterior goodies?

Archived