LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI Pic

msb175

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Import one yourself (screw Motor Image, they refused to help me get an 07 until all their 06's were gone, so I gave my business to someone else!)!

Do you know any place to get Legacy parts? I may go pick up a notebook in HK very soon.

really? no wonder i'm seeing all these 06/05s on the road these days!!!!! damn. i want one. but i have no license and money.

where to get parts - erm, to be frank, i only know a few places but i'm not sure if they offer. but keep in mind - the legacy in HK is actually quite popular but no one knows what it is i think - maybe they think it's a camry?:confused::confused::confused::lol: to be honest, if you do drop by in HK, go to the nearest convenience store, the names are 7-11 read as 7 eleven and Circle K/OK you'll recognise them by the red colour and the big K - go inside and pick up something like a options magazine and they'll have a lot of addresses for you to see which store you want to go. or you can visit places like mongkok which have a fair amount, and there's one famous shop called Top Racing in Kowloon bay too. if you want to see exotic rides like mclaren F1 although sort of wrapped in plastic seethrough film or however you call it - forgot there's a place called SPS. it's like a tuner shop for all the super cars and stuff. quite famous in HK i suppose. i'll reupload the website later for you to browse around.

But it must be formed

As haiku - for Subaru

to truly get it.

:lol:

LOLLOLOLOLOL:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't forget, Subaru didn't send the WRX to USDM for many years because they didn't think WE would "get it". So we wouldn't buy it, either. Now they're afraid a Legacy STI would confuse the market for the WRX-STI and water down sales for that car. The target buyer for the Legacy is someone who wants a AWD Camry. That's why we're getting a 3.0R and not an STI. I repeat, the Subie dealer in Madison WI last summer (2006) had WRXs, Forester Turbos But NO Legacy GTs or Spec Bs, because "We can't sell them. They get terrible mileage and require premium fuel." That's what Subaru sees as the bottom line.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

Neurodancer, you are a genius, maybe some haiku'n will get through to them. Nice one! :lol:

Also ^ my observations are the same about the Legacy in the Midwest. Only the largest markets (KCMO, Chicago, Minneapolis) seem to have ordered/gotten (m)any 5SP GTs or spec.Bs. I do realize that the market as a whole doesn't want a stick or unfortunately can't drive a stick (haven't bothered to learn or phyically unable to do so), but automatic 08s are plentiful.

As we've heard, the 08 spec.Bs aren't flying off the lots. That model is currently the highest level of the LGT sold in the US. BTW that's no dig on any other form of Legacy, it's just the way FHI/Subaru have chosen to slot the cars in the USDM. Evindence of this is the price, standard equipment and model exclusive parts. Obviously a test of what the market will bite on ( <---there's joke in there somewhere).

That must mean one of two things as I see it.

1. The entire Legacy/Subaru loyalist clan is waiting for something better in one of the product lines (mysterious new STI (impreza) or a factory pimped model (ala the 'tuned by LGT' or a full blown STILGT. Now assuming that every member on here wants an STI model in their favorite spin of the Legacy chassis that amounts to how many? I think the forum has about 4500 members in various states of activity tune. We know that it is highly improbable that all the forum's members would truly buy an STI model (reasons: cost, just got a freaking spec.B last week :eek:, doesn't want too pay that much cash or other reasons), SOA might move 300 in some limited edition format. Maybe. If car magazines give em rave reviews, it's possible.

My guess is that this is exactly what we'll see. A 'tuned by' model LGT and perhaps Outback. Maybe 10 - 15 extra BHP with all the STI bling on it as seen in on the ADM and JDM cars. Minus the McIntosh stuff and we obviously can't get the new front end due to our safe, but anti-aesthetic bumper laws. Who know, maybe they'll even offer up a WRB paint option. That will satisfy the 10 WRC lovers that will buy a Legacy in that color! A full blown real STI for the US? I seriously doubt it unless rallying starts developing more US fans via the X-games or an leg on the WRC calendar. That's one theory.

or......

2. They are non-enthusiast drones and want Camrys.

Probably a lot of both actually.

But we can all dream right?!

*For the record, I would trade in my Impreza for an LGSTI. I'd probably go back to WRB for it too. :cool: (fingers crossed)

Surprised this hasn't made it over on this forum yet. From nasioc.com....

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340182

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t112/f1yinpig/p4-10.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t112/f1yinpig/p3-9.jpg

you sure it's an sti?? i believe moon roofs are standard on the gt and above, no?

If they get axis008's (Misa Campo) to do the commercials I'll bet they could sell a few full blown STI LGTs in the US/Canada.

Mail THAT idea to SOJ!

Either that or a few Japanese umbrella girls.

They should check in with us before they try their own inept marketing attempts. We've got good ideas here!

Archived