LegacyGT.com

New brakes, squeak bad

mlrtime

I just installed Hawk HPS pads all around on stock rotors. I also installed SS lines and new brake oil.

The problem is that when the brakes are cold they make a very bad horn / squeaking noise. It almost sounds like a car horn. As soon as they are warmed up they are fine and don't make any noise.

The brakes seem to work very well so I don't think they are bad, they are just very loud when cold.

Any ideas?

I had them installed for me so I'm not sure if grease was applied to the plates.

Also, I didn't do anything specific to break them in. I did a couple very hard stops from around 35mph right after installation.

Is there anything I can do post install to get rid of this noise?

My friend was complaining about her brand new brakes squeeking. She had them installed from a place, so we pulled the tires off to check them out, but everything looked good as new. We ended up just greasing up the pad plates some and no more squeeks. It was Hitachi pads, lol. Who knew Hitachi even made brake pads.:confused:

Did you prep the rotors according to the instructions? I just installed the same front pads on my stock '05 rotors with almost 29,000 miles last week. Following both the rotor prep and break in directions- no noises!

• 8 months later...
"""""put grease on the backing plates""""""" all brakes sqeak if not installed correctly because the backing plate moves a lot, so make sure they are in correctly then put some silicone/any kind of grease to keep the noise down*******
I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

8 months later, might be on another set of pads by now.:lol:

HAHAHAHA:lol: true, true, i didn't bother to check the dates:lol::rolleyes::spin:

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

• 5 months later...
My friend was complaining about her brand new brakes squeeking. She had them installed from a place, so we pulled the tires off to check them out, but everything looked good as new. We ended up just greasing up the pad plates some and no more squeeks. It was Hitachi pads, lol. Who knew Hitachi even made brake pads.:confused:
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I did my pads today (replaced all 4 corners with Hawk HPS...) and I had Hitachi pads on the front too!! :lol: The rear ones were some noname crap brand.

Maybe Hitachi is the stock pad? If so, yuck.

Archived