LegacyGT.com

[Review] KW Coilovers, Variant 2

Legacy_Otaku

What do you have your dampers set to?

- drew

This'll sound plain stupid but I don't remember. I fly back to my car in 2 weeks, at which point I'll mess with it again.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Boostjunkie gave me a great price and I'd rather buy from someone on the forums

a quick search will yield some VERY interesting results..................but moving forward..we have been a vendor for years on here and have a co-branded deal with KW suspensions of Germany for a slightly modified version of the KW v2 that we call the Tarmac 1. I will pm you.

Myles

a quick search will yield some VERY interesting results..................but moving forward..we have been a vendor for years on here and have a co-branded deal with KW suspensions of Germany for a slightly modified version of the KW v2 that we call the Tarmac 1. I will pm you.

Myles

Myles,

If you get a free moment, mind posting what the differences are? I'm only curious because I like knowing about this stuff. Is that a 4/4 spring rate?

Thanks.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

We tweeked the valving which was already good, but we wanted a wider range in the rebound area. We use the higher quality, more linear KW race springs, and thats it. Oh and our price point is lower than KW's off the shelf V2. We also ship these assembled, with ride height pre-set with Spec-B top hats. It becomes the easiest coilover install a person can do. This also allows you to keep your OEM Stock set up in the corner of your garage so if you sell your car, or trade it , you can take 2 hrs and reinstall the stock stuff and sell your assembled coilover ad get cash back........INSTEAD of the usaul for most of us.....the dreaded trade it with the good stuff on it..ONLY to have the dealer complain about it. Then your wife and or Fiance/ GF is nagging you in the finance office...." see this is why I hate when you modify the car....why cant you just leave it alone...." !!

I have experience in this !! :rolleyes:

Myles:)

Spring rates are not necessarily substantially higher...but we can do custom rates for track guys. The low piston velocity valving is tweaked to maximize performance, but digression ensures high velocity valving is there to soak up bumps, whether they be mid-corner bumps on the track or big stupid broken pavement you can't see coming on my way to my mom's house for Christmas dinner.....

Comfort is quite good. :)

- Andrew

What are the advantages of Spec B top hats?

Maybe I will get these for the wagon and see how I like them. I've loved them on my sedan and I've had them for almost two years now....

If your setup is better than the typical KWV2 setup, perhaps I will send you my sedan's setup and have you "tweak" them; if possible.

Both cars are mainly driven on a track, so handling>comfort.

i had to adjust ride height on these. what a trip..

for the drivers side front to raise it i had to turn the spanner counter clockwise.

for pass. side front to raise it i had to turn the spanner clockwise..

did they use reverse screws on one side or am i just smoking crack?!

car for sale. PM me!

• 7 months later...
Well, they are adjustable to your taste! Set it in the middle and cruise around, take it over some bumps. Adjust as needed! I set mine just a bit tighter than the middle settings. And I think it's one click tighter in the rear. Been a couple years since I have done it.

Archived