LegacyGT.com

Perrin Sway Bars or Cobb Sway Bars?

Obsessotron

A store near me has both Perrin front/rear sways for sale AND Cobb front/rear sways for sale.

I know we have discussed some points (Cobb fitment issues for one) but I would like to know...If you had to make a snap decision on what bars to buy would you go Perrin or Cobb?

I have the Perrin sway bars and endlinks.. plus GP moto suspension.. between those 3 parts I have had suspension noises and issues for the last year. Noone can seem to pinpoint where the issue is coming from either. It could be stricly our coilovers.. so I'm not saying its the sway bar.. although we've already had to replace the endlinks once and it seems the new set is wearing the same way as the old. So with that background info.. go with Cobb.
Children's and Family Photographer http://www.AForgetMeNotMoment.com

Look at the spring rate numbers for both sets of bars. The cobb is softer, and if your just doing the rear it should match up to the stock front bar nicely. If your doing both the perrin is more response for the money. I am lowered about 1" all around on tein basics, and have had no noises or fitment issues with the perrin 22mm f/r bars and stock endlinks...
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I'm not sure what the RSB mounting bracket is.

Metal reinforcement for the stock sway bar mount. Apparently the stock mounts can bend with stiffer sway bars. From what I've seen, the Cobb and Perrin versions look pretty similar - here's a picture of my Cobb bracket installed (two parts: the triangular piece, and the flat piece on the other side of the stock mount):

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Spoonwacker/CobbRSBBracket.jpg

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I went to the shop and got (ordered) Cobb bars with Kartboy endlinks. Unfortunately, it seems that the Cobb bars are on backorder for everyone, everywhere. How much longer do we all expect to wait?

I'm past the point of annoyance with the waiting. 10 months for the AP, 2 months for the sways, another month for the downpipe. Maybe it's because quality=demand, but geez.

Archived