LegacyGT.com

Perrin Sway Bars or Cobb Sway Bars?

Obsessotron

One more thing, Cobb makes a big deal about how the hollow bar is lighter, and that's better. In theory this is always true, but look at the location of the part in question. First our cars are not lightweights to start with. Second, It's on the botom of the car, even front and back. If you have to add weight to a car, that's where you want to put it.

If spring rates were the same with a hollow vs solid bar on Identical cars, I seriously doubt anyone could tell a difference. If you have stripped your car to the bones, then you would probably think the spring rate from the cobbs was too mild...

I though about doing the 25mm Perrin front and 22mm rear, but decided against it. I don't track my car, so I went for the 22mm's Front and rear. The understeer is nicely corrected now, and the NVH is fine for a daily driver. I know most set-ups hava difference between the front and rear bar spring rate, so I was a little leary of the same diameter f&r. I've been very happy with the 22f/r set-up thus far...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

What stiffness of bar you want will also depend on your springs or coilovers. I have Swifts and f/r hollow Cobbs. The combo is great for autox. It corners flat, the power on understeer is virtually gone out of tight turns, and has very nice trailing throttle oversteer to rotate the car. Hell, I've even experienced power oversteer on really tight turns!

The stiffer your springs, the softer your sways can be to get the car to handle in any particular way. The stiffer your springs, the softer your sways. I picked the Cobbs becz they were relatively stiff for autox, are adjustable in the rear for the winter, and came with the rear mount stiffener.

get the perrin 25mm bars. i have them, no fitment issues, and no clucks.

I just noticed this 25mm option in the JSC thread. With the "new", to quote JSC, design Perrin bars do the endlinks remain at the same angle relative to the bar as with the stock bars?

Thanks.

yes, the bars are very far making any contact with any of the rear suspension. I couldnt be happier with them and the 25mm is the stiffest you can get for the LGT for now so, it was a no-brainer for me to get them

Good news. Couple more questions if you don't mind.

Did you get front and rear bars?

Did you notice much, or any, decrease in ride quality with such a stiff bar?

Thanks again.

I got the 22mm F & R Perrins new for $360 shipped from Perrins website in less than 1 week. Have F&R set on stiff setting and they are a nice additon to cornering along with pinks. Install a breez and no noises. Will upgrade endlinks if and when they break.

Yes, the perrins are a solid bar and I actually weighed them before install. 17lbs for the rear (stocker 7lbs). 11lbs for the front (stocker around 7lbs). Going off memory, but you add approx 15lbs.

Archived