LegacyGT.com

I can't believe I bought a Subaru...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I smell a Subaru customer marketing contest! Come up with the best Legacy commercial and you win... another Legacy! Easily worth their time and effort to let some fan boy come up with a kickass commercial that will sell them hundreds if not thousands of units.

It isn't made in the US, it's assembled in the US. Big difference there.

The frame and all body parts are MADE IN THE USA; I've seen them being made :). Most of the sub-contracted parts are MADE IN THE USA as well.

Not that it matters at all, but at least try to get the facts straight.

Indeed, the difference isn't so big after all. I stand corrected. Now to go tell my grandfather to get him to shut the hell up. "My Buick LeSabre gets just as good gas mileage as any other car on the road, and it's made in the US not like your car."

If you and g-pa want to get into symantics; tell grandpa to look at the window sticker on his Buick and see how many of the moving parts on it are made in Japan or elsewhere. Hell most of my 92 Jeep Cherokee was made and assembled in China!
Let's kick this pig!

I was for the longest time in the same boat as the op. I looked at pretty much everything in the $20k-$38k range. Looking at MB, BMWs and the like I'd be getting a strippo or a starter Luxury car. Illoked at the used market too for the luxury cars. I just kept coming up with the same problem though. I may pay $20k for a used BMW that originally was $40k, but when you go to fix it it is still a $40k car. I also prefered something awd or fwd due to Chicago winters with snow (which killed a lot of my top picks). I then looked at cars like the Srt4 (just a cheap feeling car all around), Evos (to boy racer), and Stis(again to boy racer and hate the blue seats). I finally narrowed it down to a MS6. Went to test drive one with a friend. Liked the car, but went home to sleep on it. On the ride home my friend starts talking about a car he read about in Road and Track called a 06 Legacy GT spec B. Said the car has these red seats, and silver exterior. Well I did hear about Legacys, but never considered it. Went to the dealership on a day they were closed so I could actually look at the car withou a sales volture over my shoulder. I liked the wheels, exterior color, on the fence about the interior color (I just wanted a car with a simple black interior), but what killed me was the $5k mark up the dealer was asking for it. So I waited some time and the 07's came out. New color, new interior color, 6spd. My problem was they put the same looking color seats as the Sti in it which I hate (again my personal preference). So it looked like I was back in the hunt for a car still. Started to go back toward the MS6 until I got onto one of the forums which started to talk aboutr all these problem they had. That unsold me from getting the MS6. I went back to Subaru and started thinking if I could force myself to liking the interior color. Then I read about subie releasing a limited edition Sti that had all leather black interior and they got rid of all the ricer stuff on the STi and put subtle more upscale things in and on it. Well I had to wait a little due to a situation to my advantage to come up. As soon as that happeend I went to the dealer and ordered a Sti Limited. After being assured that my order had been taken when the time came to pick up my car, no one called me. I went there and they told me that SUbaru had canceled my order. I did order the car rather late, so I was again bummed cause I thought I had finally been done with the car shopping. I waited a few months to see what the 08 spec B was going to look like. RUmors started to fly around about options and colors, but nothing was concrete. Finally much to my surprise it got black alacantara seats and a new silverish color.I placed my order and 6 weeks later history was made. Now there are rumors of a tuned by Sti version of the LGT possibly hitting US shores. IF it gets teh Wrx Sti engine in it, I may have tot rade in the 08 for it.

Is your avatar supposed to be of your SpecB because I don't see a hoodscoop? If you hated the seats so much, why didn't you save a little cash and go with a regular LGT earlier?

Thats a pic I got off of google images. I think its of a 3.0R. I did think about the regular LGT and was back and forth on it. It came down to the spec B had a lot of the options I wanted. PLus I love the all black alacantara seats. I am absolutely horrible with directions and even though a lot of people here hate the stock setup, its a lot easier to use then some other manufacturers out there. I also wasn't planning on going mod crazy so I liked the upgraded suspension. All these bonus things are put on from the factory so I also don't have to worry about voiding my warranty if I were to put them on myself. To me being about to pull in for warranty work and say fix it and not giving them an excuse to not repair it due to a mod is priceless.

Now there are rumors of a tuned by Sti version of the LGT possibly hitting US shores. IF it gets teh Wrx Sti engine in it, I may have tot rade in the 08 for it.

Our car already has the Impreza STI engine in it... How long did you research this stuff? If you wanted black leather seats you could have gotten a Silver GT that comes with black seats or any of the other combo's that come with black seats. The LGT and the Spec B have the same exact engines and HP. The STI and brand new WRX's have the same exact 2.5 liter engine then us. The only difference is the STI has a bigger turbo and intercooler on theres... Sounds like you could have bought a GT with black leather seats a long time ago.

Why so defensive about the GT??

I think he made a great choice, and it looks the part!

The SpecB is the only Legacy that comes with both a 6 Speed and Nav from factory.

X

---

I was for the longest time in the same boat as the op. I looked at pretty much everything in the $20k-$38k range. Looking at MB, BMWs and the like I'd be getting a strippo or a starter Luxury car. Illoked at the used market too for the luxury cars. I just kept coming up with the same problem though. I may pay $20k for a used BMW that originally was $40k, but when you go to fix it it is still a $40k car. I also prefered something awd or fwd due to Chicago winters with snow (which killed a lot of my top picks). I then looked at cars like the Srt4 (just a cheap feeling car all around), Evos (to boy racer), and Stis(again to boy racer and hate the blue seats). I finally narrowed it down to a MS6. Went to test drive one with a friend. Liked the car, but went home to sleep on it. On the ride home my friend starts talking about a car he read about in Road and Track called a 06 Legacy GT spec B. Said the car has these red seats, and silver exterior. Well I did hear about Legacys, but never considered it. Went to the dealership on a day they were closed so I could actually look at the car withou a sales volture over my shoulder. I liked the wheels, exterior color, on the fence about the interior color (I just wanted a car with a simple black interior), but what killed me was the $5k mark up the dealer was asking for it. So I waited some time and the 07's came out. New color, new interior color, 6spd. My problem was they put the same looking color seats as the Sti in it which I hate (again my personal preference). So it looked like I was back in the hunt for a car still. Started to go back toward the MS6 until I got onto one of the forums which started to talk aboutr all these problem they had. That unsold me from getting the MS6. I went back to Subaru and started thinking if I could force myself to liking the interior color. Then I read about subie releasing a limited edition Sti that had all leather black interior and they got rid of all the ricer stuff on the STi and put subtle more upscale things in and on it. Well I had to wait a little due to a situation to my advantage to come up. As soon as that happeend I went to the dealer and ordered a Sti Limited. After being assured that my order had been taken when the time came to pick up my car, no one called me. I went there and they told me that SUbaru had canceled my order. I did order the car rather late, so I was again bummed cause I thought I had finally been done with the car shopping. I waited a few months to see what the 08 spec B was going to look like. RUmors started to fly around about options and colors, but nothing was concrete. Finally much to my surprise it got black alacantara seats and a new silverish color.I placed my order and 6 weeks later history was made. Now there are rumors of a tuned by Sti version of the LGT possibly hitting US shores. IF it gets teh Wrx Sti engine in it, I may have tot rade in the 08 for it.

SUPER WALL OF TEXT™

car for sale. PM me!

Now there are rumors of a tuned by Sti version of the LGT possibly hitting US shores. IF it gets teh Wrx Sti engine in it, I may have tot rade in the 08 for it.

Don't we already HAVE that engine, detuned? Just bolt a better turbo on and you've got what you want. I'm faster that STI's... :)

Our car already has the Impreza STI engine in it... How long did you research this stuff? If you wanted black leather seats you could have gotten a Silver GT that comes with black seats or any of the other combo's that come with black seats. The LGT and the Spec B have the same exact engines and HP. The STI and brand new WRX's have the same exact 2.5 liter engine then us. The only difference is the STI has a bigger turbo and intercooler on theres... Sounds like you could have bought a GT with black leather seats a long time ago.

I'm not VInny101 here spewing about how much more superior a spec B is over a regular LGT. Yes I knew that you could get regular leather black seats with certain color exteriors. I like alacantara seats cause in the summer you don't burn your rear off when you first sit in them, and in the winter you don't freeze your rear when you first get in even with the seat heaters on. I am again fully aware that the LGT, spec B, and new wrx/wrx Sti have the same long block. I will even go as far as to say that the hp/delivery of hp are the same in the LGT and spec B(as in no secret hp increase over a regular LGT). I also never really looked at LGTs until after I looked at the MS6. I wanted nav, awd, found out the 07s/08s got a beefier 6spd manual, fold down rear seats(again 07<), Sidrive (which I now curse everytime I gotta switch it back into sport sharp and due to it no AP2 yet), and some other features that set it apart from the pack.

I personally really love 2drs. The only 2drs that come in awd that I can think of are Audi TT/A4&S4 cabs, new BMW 3 series, and Porsche 911 Carrera 4. None of those hit in my price range with some options or even base price. The LGT spec B fits my needs very well and has a ton of options for the price compared to lot more expensive cars. In fact the spec B reminds me a lot of a stock 00-02 Audi S4 BiTurbo.

I'm not VInny101 here spewing about how much more superior a spec B is over a regular LGT. Yes I knew that you could get regular leather black seats with certain color exteriors. I like alacantara seats cause in the summer you don't burn your rear off when you first sit in them, and in the winter you don't freeze your rear when you first get in even with the seat heaters on. I am again fully aware that the LGT, spec B, and new wrx/wrx Sti have the same long block. I will even go as far as to say that the hp/delivery of hp are the same in the LGT and spec B(as in no secret hp increase over a regular LGT). I also never really looked at LGTs until after I looked at the MS6. I wanted nav, awd, found out the 07s/08s got a beefier 6spd manual, fold down rear seats(again 07<), Sidrive (which I now curse everytime I gotta switch in back into sport sharp and due to it no AP2 yet), and some other features that set it apart from the pack.

I personally really love 2drs. The only 2drs that come in awd that I can think of are Audi TT/A4&S4 cabs, new BMW 3 series, and Porsche 911 Carrera 4. None of those hit in my price range with some options or even base price. The LGT spec B fits my needs very well and has a ton of options for the price compared to lot more expensive cars. In fact the spec B reminds me a lot of a stock 00-02 Audi S4 BiTurbo.

UMMMMMM+1 I got a wagon, thus 4 doors. Spec B, one of the best Special cars around.:):):):)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

tractorcrusher, Hi & welcome. Nice ride.

I am the same. And doesn't Ford and GM own all those

brands :p. I haven't ever riden/driven in a Ford/GM brand car/truck that really was worth a penny. Mostly cheep plastic.

I Just bought 07 Pontaic Solstice GXP 6 wks.ago & put 4500 miles on her. Like every car it has it's flaws. But for show & go, This car has it for a two seater. It's a great 2nd car, why'll I put my STI 6MT in my GT, because the 5MT went bad.

5MT, 260hp\260ft.tq. 20psi. max boost, but I only so fare hit 18psi.:cool:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0707070916a.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0707070916.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0707070915a.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0707070915.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/0707070914.jpg

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived