LegacyGT.com

I can't believe I bought a Subaru...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice Solstice HammerDown. But lose the front tag NOW!:eek:

May the power of The Boost be with you.

Thanks,

l would love to loose that front plate, but in NY you have to have one. The LEO's would use not having a front plate just to pull you over & check you out. I done it in the past, but to get pulled over almost everytime I go out. Not worth it IMO. Between the GXP & the GT, i don't need to give them anymore reason to pull me over.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Anyone know if the 6 speed is the exact same as the STI 6 speed?

It is, except 5th and 6th are a little taller. People complained that the 4-5 shift on the STI didn't do anything, so they changed it. It is just as strong as the STI one though.

How strong is an LGT tranny? Slamming it into gear, dropping the clutch, etc. I saw a video of this goober trying to do an all wheel burnout with his WRX and just dropped his tranny. I can be hard on cars every once in a while, so I'm curious if there's anything I should be particularly cautious of.

Thanks,

l would love to loose that front plate, but in NY you have to have one. The LEO's would use not having a front plate just to pull you over & check you out. I done it in the past, but to get pulled over almost everytime I go out. Not worth it IMO. Between the GXP & the GT, i don't need to give them anymore reason to pull me over.

Mike

Did not realize NY was so strict on the rule. We have the same rule next door in CT, but I never put the front tag on and have had no problems yet. I have left them off other cars as well. Bummer for you my friend. Wearing the front tag is like putting a burka on Charrleze Theron!:mad:

Ditto.

Thanks, I started with clay modeling and make a mold to fabricate the fiber glass lip. I will post some pictures of the process. I am not planning to make more due to my schedule and the lip isn’t perfectly smooth in my standard. If someone who is skillful and want to take over the project to benefit other users I will be glad to sell my prototype to him for a reasonable price.:)

I was the same as well. I was looking at 3 Series and G35s and also the Cadillac CTS. One day I read some reviews online about the LegacyGT and it seemed the perfect fit for me.

A family friend of ours is a fleet wholesaler and gave me his current list to look over, out of all the Impalas and Ford Fusions there was ONE single solitary Legacy GT.

I told him I will buy it sight unseen, without even driving one. He had it shipped from the warehouse across the country and I drove away, I have yet to regret my decision.

**by the way it's me Dubber from SA :DDo you have stairs in ur house?

I'm officially the luckiest guy alive- This morning as I pulled out of my garage I hit the garage door remote and started on to work. As I drove onto the street I checked my rear-view to make sure the door closed as always, and saw it was still open. I u-turned and pulled into my driveway to see that the tracks on the left side of the garage door had fallen down, and the whole garage door was laying on my side of the garage... Had I just come home for the night and this happened I would have a garage door laying on top of my 1 week old car! Anyway, the garage door is being fixed right now, and damage was minimal to my roomates car (it was resting on the corner of her MR2's spoiler, which needs re-painted anyway).

By the way- Here's a quick picture of the tinted tails from a car meet on Monday:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/6speedonline%20meet/DSC_9486.jpg

Did it come with the tinted tails too? Probably not.

No, but the dealer threw in the window tint for free... The tailight tint was $60, the spoiler tint was $15, I installed both myself. I hate clear lights in the back.

The tint on the tails is "smoke", I opted not to get "dark" as it looks way too black, like APC covers.

Anyone know the legalities of tail light tint? How about tint with the back up lights still clear? Is that just so they're still bright?

Legality varies from state to state... My reverse light is still bright enough for me to back into my garage/driveway with no other light source, but admittedly it's not as bright as untinted would be. The brake lights are much more of a crimson red, which I prefer over the generic pinkish (cheap looking) color that you get with the stock lights.

I'm new here - wanted to finally say hi after lurking for a month or so...

I CAN believe I bought a Subaru - I upgraded from my old 95 Legacy (150K miles) to a 06 OB XT this past May. It was a dealer demo with 3500 miles on it and a bunch of extras like the tow hitch, subwoofer, extend armrest, etc.

What can I say besides I love it!??? (especially now that i've disabled the seat belt alarm - thanks to info from these forums!)

Not sure if it's cool to post about OBs in here, but this seems to be the active area of the site.

So hi, and here's video of a trip over the Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire from June. We're headed up there again this weekend for more camping, hiking, fishing, and driving!

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=99yClMSYLQc]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Archived