LegacyGT.com

COBB or Borla?

mmm def

The Cobb system looks to be a very nice piece. I particularly like the rolled, oval tips. Very AMG, like the Prodrive muffler for the WRX. Generally, as mufflers go, volume increases as pieces are added (or I suppose subtracted would be more accurate). I ran a Cobb cat-back on my WRX, and it was loud. WAY too loud for me. But those Sport Mufflers sound like just the thing for someone who wants a nicer look, and just a bit more sound. Borla makes a nice product, but last time I saw, the tips aren't rolled like the Cobb system...or has that changed? Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='kevinh']OK....with help from .Mac I hosted a page with my Quicktime Movie. I will keep it up till the New Year. Just click on the link below. [url]http://homepage.mac.com/kevinhamel/Legacy_GT/iMovieTheater22.html[/url] -KevinH[/QUOTE] It sounds like the car without the mufflers on it. That's a good thing IMHO. How is it on the highway?

Yeah, the sound clip is of our axle back's. Our system is 3" mandrel bent stainless that will split into two 2.5" sections for the best flow. The sound clip is a bit quieter than it is in person, but it is a quiet exhaust. Hand finished here at COBB, 3" mandrel bent, 304 stainless steel with TIG welded flanges and hangers ....... yes, we are proud of our exhausts :D Justin COBB Tuning

[quote name='Justin']Yeah, the sound clip is of our axle back's. Our system is 3" mandrel bent stainless that will split into two 2.5" sections for the best flow. The sound clip is a bit quieter than it is in person, but it is a quiet exhaust. Hand finished here at COBB, 3" mandrel bent, 304 stainless steel with TIG welded flanges and hangers ....... yes, we are proud of our exhausts :D Justin COBB Tuning[/QUOTE] :confused: Was that clip of your exhaust? I thought it was a Borla. Would be nice to hear yours though. Would be even nicer if you had some dyno #'s to go with it.

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']I don't know......I don't like the look of Cobbs tips...[/QUOTE] Just asking, what don't you like about the look of the Cobb tips? When I looked at them, the first thing I thought was "taste and refinement," rather than the traditional "sooty coffee can" look of too many aftermarket muffler setups. I wouldn't buy anything that made more noise, but if I were going to, Cobb definitely gets the aesthetic vote, IMHO. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Just asking, what don't you like about the look of the Cobb tips? When I looked at them, the first thing I thought was "taste and refinement," rather than the traditional "sooty coffee can" look of too many aftermarket muffler setups. I wouldn't buy anything that made more noise, but if I were going to, Cobb definitely gets the aesthetic vote, IMHO. Kevin[/QUOTE] To me it looks to flat and oval for my tastes.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• 1 year later...

Yes I bring back the dead! Hey does anyone else notice the weird holes in the tips of the borla cat back. Kind of weird but I guess that all the borla muffler tips are like that. I hope you can't see it when its installed.

Also the tips were nicely polished. Anyone know if a little chrome polish and elbow grease could liven up the mufflers themselves???

Where the heck is the Cobb system that was supposed to be out over a year ago?

I've read threads about people waiting for the Cobb Catback System from 2004. Two years later still no CBE. I went with Borla and I'm loving it.

I ordered a whole bunch of stuff but couldn't wait for everything to be delivered so I did the borla by itself today. It is SO QUIET. It sounds really good though. After I put the Cobb downpipe and cobb uppipe on I bet it will be the perfect volume and sound I am looking for. If you need to be heard this is not the exhaust for you. If you like the boxer borla rumble in a design that looks great then go for it.

I've read threads about people waiting for the Cobb Catback System from 2004. Two years later still no CBE. I went with Borla and I'm loving it.

I ordered a whole bunch of stuff but couldn't wait for everything to be delivered so I did the borla by itself today. It is SO QUIET. It sounds really good though. After I put the Cobb downpipe and cobb uppipe on I bet it will be the perfect volume and sound I am looking for. If you need to be heard this is not the exhaust for you. If you like the boxer borla rumble in a design that looks great then go for it.

Heh heh, I have this exact set-up, cobbUP/cattedDP/borla CBE. It sounds perfect to me, and you can definitely hear it when you get on it!:icon_twis

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Heh heh, I have this exact set-up, cobbUP/cattedDP/borla CBE. It sounds perfect to me, and you can definitely hear it when you get on it!:icon_twis

Did you put on all at once? I'm wondering how much louder it will be after I put on the Downpipe and Uppipe next week.

Did you put on all at once? I'm wondering how much louder it will be after I put on the Downpipe and Uppipe next week.

Specb122.. I did it in stages b/c I couldn't wait!!:icon_twis I put the Borla on first much like you did, and noticed an improved note, but not any louder. Then I did the UP/DP and it got more rumblier and louder and coupled with the clearly audible turbo-whooooshhh it is very pleasing to my ears!!!:icon_bigg

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Specb122.. I did it in stages b/c I couldn't wait!!:icon_twis I put the Borla on first much like you did, and noticed an improved note, but not any louder. Then I did the UP/DP and it got more rumblier and louder and coupled with the clearly audible turbo-whooooshhh it is very pleasing to my ears!!!:icon_bigg

Sounds sweet. I'm going with the ap, borla, and cobb up/dp. I hope it will be loud enough, but not too loud.

Sounds sweet. I'm going with the ap, borla, and cobb up/dp. I hope it will be loud enough, but not too loud.

Sounding like a popular combo. Perfect for this car.

I think it will be quieter than I think but then again I don't need to have every cops head turn everytime I go by like most of the modded cars out there.

It will probalby sound just like it should have from the factor. Noticeable but not loud or annoying.

Archived