LegacyGT.com

Sunroof Hack? (close faster!)

Canon20D

I'm an electrical engineer and I'm quite interested in hot wiring my 08 sedan for 'one push close' operation. Can someone point me in the direction to some info I could read up on to help the cause (for example any type of schematic related to the sunroof or its wiring and component)?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO VW has the sunroof thing figured out and other auto manufacturers just need to copy it. They use a dial that you just set to how far you want it opened/closed and it then does it automatically. This system also made it easy to hack so that the keyless entry could be programmed to close/open the roof remotely. On the other hand, Subaru couldn't even be bothered to offer retained accessory power. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't get why other car companies don't do something similar. VW has a knack for engineering simple and elegant solutions to these problems... too bad their cars fall apart so easily. :p

Is there a way to get the sunroof to open / close more quickly? Right now it takes 3-4 "opens" or Closes to get it fully open. I dont mind 2, one to tilt it up and 1 to open it fully, but it stops like 3/4 way open, and 1/2 closed, then 3/4 closed, then tilt down. Like - CLOSE already! I searched but didnt find anything. :(
Solved this. Installed 16g FP turbo on my moonroof. There is some turbo lag for the first 2-3 inches but then boost kicks in and it really closes fast, although the top end ain't so great. The downside is the hotside pipe blisters the paint on my fender before it gets to the fmic.;)

Solved this. Installed 16g FP turbo on my moonroof. There is some turbo lag for the first 2-3 inches but then boost kicks in and it really closes fast, although the top end ain't so great. The downside is the hotside pipe blisters the paint on my fender before it gets to the fmic.;)

seriously? Bumping a nearly year old thread for that?

:spin:

seriously.... I was going to post a new thread, but didn't want to get massacred because I didn't search for a year old thread that had dead data in it... so I bumped.

but Pip... I ordered a 16g FB Turbo off e-bay last night (got it for a steal $55) its coming from indonesia along with a $1000 check, I just have to deposit the check and send them back the difference in a money order, so I figure that's legit...

If you could post schematic that would be great :lol:

• 1 year later...

Since he hasn't logged into the site in almost a year, I think not.

Just like every "hey I'm gonna try..." thread on the web, it starts out promising and fizzles into nothing. Not a definite answer, mind you, but replies just stop coming.

I am confused because in my 08, the sunroof opens all the way with a single push of the slider button. Then when I push it to close, it closes halfway. Another push and it closes all the way. Is there a difference in certain years?

Archived