LegacyGT.com

Final SpecB vs LGT comparison

groff

the time has come to shut him up...i mean, get the most accurate data that can be had for all of the arguments.

I need the following BONE STOCK (not even ever had a stage 1 map or any mod installed) cars, all must be manual transmissions:

2005LGT: OwenTT

2006LGT:

2006SpecB: #072

2007LGT: Shelby

2007SpecB:

2008LGT:

2008SpecB:

all dyno runs will be on TDCs dyno, date to be determined once we figure out how long it will take to get all the cars found to do the experiment. don't worry about price, by the time we have all the cars, i'll have enough money to cover the cost myself for everyone.

if you want to participate, please post or PM me. hell i'll even turn it into a nice meet/bbq/install/etc day too.

I appreciate what you are trying to do. However, you have only a single sample from each model year... this does not correlate to good confidence or power from a statistical stand-point.

I do think it would make for great reference material, just not "gospel."

couldn't agree more, there is no gospel in this debate, its not possible. however this sampling is pretty good considering, and we'll see about getting more cars too.

I appreciate what you are trying to do. However, you have only a single sample from each model year... this does not correlate to good confidence or power from a statistical stand-point.

I do think it would make for great reference material, just not "gospel."

Agreed, and that is why I take the content of car rags with a grain of salt. Their sample base is just as small if not smaller.

gottcha down, thanks, and i'd say you are the typical spec owner across america, there are just some on here who prefer to annoy :lol:

Don't blame others for you getting annoyed by the evidence trend. I'm just glad this trend has aroused your curiosity enough to look into this matter further.

Ill bring an 08 LGT.... :spin:

that would be one helluva test drive. :lol:

you know thats funny, cuz i actually thought about that, we all just show up to a dealer and request a test drive in a different model and then go dyno them :lol: would have to have some pretty good ins with a sales guy though

P(O)S: you can bring your new rice burner along too rob :) but i wont pay for that dyno time, since it won't be able to move the rollers

I'll be there, video camera in hand, just to shut Vimy up.

So, you are convinced that the data and evidence we've seen to date is anomalous? I have an open mind which is why I began to question the LGT.com orthodoxy in the first place. However, what happens if the observations confirm the trend I identified?

Let the data collection begin. Good luck and may no one's car be damaged.

Archived