LegacyGT.com

Complete vs Partial Debadge

Black08XT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the suby emblem has two posts sticking out of the back that insert into two holes in the trunk. Best solution is to get a different (less identifiable) badge like these. If you want it blank, the holes must be filled and painted.

http://fastwrx.com/badging.html

http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=LEGT1

Tina, maaaaan I love that new bumper!

Need You thoughts - i think i want to go Just GT.. what do you think

http://www.imagingphototech.com/car/25gt-s.jpg

http://www.imagingphototech.com/car/gt-s.jpg

http://www.imagingphototech.com/car/naked-s.jpg

and temp tags for internet posting FTW!

and temp tags for internet posting FTW!

I had mine changed before I posted my picture! ;)

I did mine thisweekend, went down to 2.5 GT and it looks slick. I took a pic on my phone, but yours that you did earlier looks better than my pic, so you know what it looks like!

I'd say 2.5 GT or Naked. The GT does look 'lonely' there by itself

Ok, i went down to Just the 2.5GT for now

I WAS thinking about taking the L and making it LGT.. what do you think?

Also, has anyone cut up the subaru letters and reapplied them as urabus? Think it would be funny or no?

That would be hilarious, but difficult to make look clean. All the letters in Subaru are attached, so you'd have to cut them up very carefully and get them back together smoothly. As far as the LGT...I'd be really interested to see how that looks. Being an individual is numbuh one!

I took my SUBARU emblem, cuz it still had some sticky on it, and put it below the subaru logo and above the plate on the trunk, on the little flat spot (sedan.. it's where that chrome strip is on the outback) and it looked pretty cool. Dunno if I want SUBARU back on there, I may though.

I'll post a pic when it's not so bright, my phone camera isn't that good.

i have a black 08 legacy, and am thinking of rearranging the LEGACY letters into LACEY, a possible candidate for the name of my car ;] would that be too corny? or stupid? lol

also, since it's black, i think it should be a 'boy' car, but i just want some honest opinions before i actually do it.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I thought about that, calling her "LACEY", but then I thought if it was on the outside, people might think it was a chick named LACEY that drover the car... didn't know if I wanted that confusion.

There's not many ways to re-arrange the LEGACY letters to make anything cool, all I came up with was ACE or CAGE, and I wan't putting that on my car!!

I thought about that, calling her "LACEY", but then I thought if it was on the outside, people might think it was a chick named LACEY that drover the car... didn't know if I wanted that confusion.

There's not many ways to re-arrange the LEGACY letters to make anything cool, all I came up with was ACE or CAGE, and I wan't putting that on my car!!

LOL wow, true, i also came up with GALE which means a "strong wind" according to google. but that's more toward ships and knot speeds and whatnot.

but good thing you mentioned that and will definitely keep that in mind. :lol:

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Ok, i went down to Just the 2.5GT for now

I WAS thinking about taking the L and making it LGT.. what do you think?

Also, has anyone cut up the subaru letters and reapplied them as urabus? Think it would be funny or no?

I debadged my trunk and i broke the letters apart of mine and my fiancees. I want to spell my name and put them back on or try to spell something i thought it would be funny but idk. Got any ideas of what i can spell? i have two sets of eveything.

• 4 months later...

I think it would look OK. It depends if you want the symmetrics of having both SUBARU and LEGACY on both sides, or just the lone LEGACY on the right. I think it would look fine either way.

BTW - yours says 2.5i on the back too? Not too familiar with the NA's. ;)

I think it would look OK. It depends if you want the symmetrics of having both SUBARU and LEGACY on both sides, or just the lone LEGACY on the right. I think it would look fine either way.

BTW - yours says 2.5i on the back too? Not too familiar with the NA's. ;)

no 2.5i, just "SUBARU" on left and "LEGACY" on right. It seems like in Japan, they don't put "SUBARU" on there (correct me if I'm wrong). I wonder why they put "SUBARU" on there in America? Americans can't recognize the Subaru logo? :rolleyes:

no 2.5i, just "SUBARU" on left and "LEGACY" on right. It seems like in Japan, they don't put "SUBARU" on there (correct me if I'm wrong).

Correct in Japan there is no SUBARU emblem. I think it would look cool without it, or just going completely debadged. Either way.

I wonder why they put "SUBARU" on there in America? Americans can't recognize the Subaru logo? :rolleyes:

If that were the answer it might be better than the truth. The fact is, us Americans (as a whole ;)) are marketing whores, and gluttons for status symbols, and car companies are money whores, so car companies in America brand their machines with huge flashy logos that spell their names out for all to see. And most people think nothing of it. :D

Archived