LegacyGT.com

Complete vs Partial Debadge

Black08XT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kagen, I was debating doing the same thing... leave just the GT or 2.5 GT. I was trying to picture what it would look like. I kinda like just the GT, I might do it myself. I think i'll strip it down to the 2.5GT and compare it to your pic and see which I like best!

I also thought about changing the position slightly, down to the lower right corner or something. I dunno how stickey the emblems are after you remove them.

Another thing I debated momentarily was moving the Legacy symbol somewhere else on the trunk, maybe dead center of that little lip between the Subaru Star emblem, and the license plate. I dunno about that though, would have to see it first.

Another idea was to get another GT symbol and move them to the side of the car somewhere, although I really have no idea where I 'd put em, so I probably wouldn't do that.

Kagen, I was debating doing the same thing... leave just the GT or 2.5 GT. I was trying to picture what it would look like. I kinda like just the GT, I might do it myself. I think i'll strip it down to the 2.5GT and compare it to your pic and see which I like best!

I also thought about changing the position slightly, down to the lower right corner or something. I dunno how stickey the emblems are after you remove them.

Another thing I debated momentarily was moving the Legacy symbol somewhere else on the trunk, maybe dead center of that little lip between the Subaru Star emblem, and the license plate. I dunno about that though, would have to see it first.

Another idea was to get another GT symbol and move them to the side of the car somewhere, although I really have no idea where I 'd put em, so I probably wouldn't do that.

I did away with the 2.5 because I think it's just a little bit embarassing when there are 5.0 mustangs and bigger running around. I certainly am not impressed when I see another 2.5 liter emblem on something else. I do think it would be cool to have GT on each front fender behing the wheels...kinda like where they put the Z symbol on a 350Z. I posted an idea in another forum that I thought was pretty clever.

I suggested putting an I in that spot when you go stage I. Then when you go stage II, you'd put another right next to it making II. Then stage 3 would get another I making III. I'd be proud to sport two or three "I"s! It would be just subtle enough that someone on the street might have to clarify what you meant, but discriptive enough that anyone at an LGT meet would know what you were implying. What are your thoughts?

i thought about putting theGT on the front fender behind the wheel... wasnt sure if it would look right.. if anyone's got their old emblems around they wanna part with lemme knwo, might grab a couple gt's to try it out. better thantrasing them eh?

yah, true...

As per the 2.5 GT on the back with 5.0 mustangs around, I'd get more joy of having them catch the 2.5 GT on the back as you pass them and having them think: "2.5? That's like 1/2 of my 5.0... DAMN!!!" :lol:

I like your thinking. 2.5 FTMFW!!

Archived