LegacyGT.com

***2008 WRX Ride Drive Event - August 11th***

ImpreziveWRX

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please do share. Thank You

:cool:

I must say that my impaired photography skills will be evident, however I promise that the positioning of individual is not :lol:....Brother Reza, I shall foward the picture to you for photo manipulation prior to displaying them for these pic whores to see, would you kindly forward your email to me please :p

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I must say that my impaired photography skills will be evident, however I promise that the positioning of individual is not :lol:....Brother Reza, I shall foward the picture to you for photo manipulation prior to displaying them for these pic whores to see, would you kindly forward your email to me please :p

That Sir will be my pleasure. .....(RezaLaleh @ Gmail.com)...

MOAR PICS !!!

event was great ! some really nice cars there , that crazy legacy with the japanese front looke nice, but the beautiful blue wagon was just too good !

Tony !! best Legacy Bones stock ! FTW !!!

:) nice pictures of the complementary reasons to go to the even. more of those too !!!

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to put about 1200 miles on an '08 5-spd WRX hatch (don't ask;))

The car looks much better in person and seemed to attract a lot of attention wherever we went, mostly POSITIVE. Drivability was excellent and there was decent power down low, i.e. I was able to pull the south bound Grapevine in 5th, never having to downshift even when I came up on slower traffic. Even with four people on board, acceleration was very good... but I was disappointed in the exhaust sound, hopefully the aftermarket will be on this right away (duh!).

With four people and luggage (approx. 550 lbs. total), in high crosswinds on HWY 5, we did get some buffeting. Also, there was bottoming out on a couple of rough stretches at moderate to high speed on a couple of secondary roads (of course I would NEVER drive over the posted limit).

The car was equipped with the factory Navi...it worked quite well, was intuitive and got us to our destination(s) without a hitch. Like most guys, I refused to read the instructions, so I don't know if you can circumvent the "no initializing while car is in motion", but that was a major pain (I actually took my cheapie MIO C220 gps as a back-up/cross reference, so that's why I didn't bother to read the OE manual).

Overall, the WRX was a comfortable driver: had good power, excellent drivability, and handled well (for a stocker)...it is not as raw as the original WRX, but is definitely a more sophisticated successor model.

Mike,

I have the Impreza models here on the lot (hatch and sedan). And I should be getting about 6 WRX models in tomorrow or Wednsday(both hatch and sedan). Droping my name is an excellent idea. If you are there and the cars are there, give me a call right away and I will have one of the guys just hand you the keys to take it for a ride. I hope this works and I am sorry that I will not be here to meet Melody in person.

310-877-0977

Thanks

Droping my name is an excellent idea. If you are there and the cars are there, give me a call right away and I will have one of the guys just hand you the keys to take it for a ride.

Thanks Reza. I'll give you a call on Wed. :D

-Mike-

Mike,

Change of plans. Meeting for Thursday is cancelled, I will take the day off in the normal day. That means, I will be here Wednsday.

I will see you then.

Thanks

Just got your vm, but didn't know if you'd be eating dinner right now so I didn't want to disturb you and your family. ;)

Grr... Looks like we won't be able to make it tomorrow. :( She decided to do some hair treatment (re-bonding or some gibberish?) that takes 3 hours. She won't make it to my place until 2pm, and then I have to go with her to the new hospital she's starting at next week (in Gardena) before traffic hits.

So, I'll bring her back in a few weeks or I'll give your name to her/her father and they can come in. I'd come by myself, but I have no car. :lol:

-Mike-

• 3 months later...

Archived