LegacyGT.com

It was inevitable... (i'm stupid and i admit it)

viperboy

i knew i would get caught for doing something dumb eventually, like speeding or something, but i never thought it would be this...

i was out in my dad's legacy GT the other day (and no, i didnt crash it like someone thought i would in another thread) but the car needed new tires and i was out with my buddy and i said hey, lets go burn off some rubber (on the old tires). i found that it didnt work at all on the pavement, so i drove down to a local park (you know where this is going...) and there was one car down there that was leaving and i didnt think anything of it.

so i went into the grass (i dont think it was part of a field, but it was in the park) and i did a couple donuts and it threw grass everywhere, but i didnt think anything of it. as i was leaving and checking outside the car to make sure that grass wasnt all over the car, the car that was leaving was coming back! :eek: apparently, he saw me do that and questioned what i was doing and i told him i didnt know why i did that and i didnt know that i couldnt ;) he said ok no problem and didnt seem mad. however, i saw him reading my license plate number as i took off.

what i did was dumb, but i didnt think anything about it. until today... a cop showed up at my house and asked my dad if he owned a subaru legacy and he said yes. the cop gave him another cops card and told him to give that guy a call. that's when i knew the shit was gonna hit the fan real soon. dad called that guy and the cop asked if my dad was in such and such a place at a certain time. he said he didnt remember where he was and at what times but just asked why he wanted to know. right when the cop mentioned "donuts" my dad knew it was me.

to sum it up, my dad has my license, i cant drive his car ever again, i cant drive anywhere and blah blah blah. but luckily, i'm a minor (17). i would have gotten arrested for reckless driving and destruction of public property. but the cop said i was honest and i looked him in the eyes and told him the truth, so he said i have to go before some kind of juvi court and they will tell me to write an essay or do community service. and have to pay restitution for the grass (which would probably just grow back by itself) of $200.

lesson learned. that was such a dumb thing to do. i know that now. and when i drive again, i'm definitely gonna be more law abiding.

LOL.

You're okay.

My friend's son did donuts in the Safeway parking lot and got caught. I know he did it, but he told his father he didn't do it. His dad to this day believes his son even though his son is a reckless driver and does stunts that will get him killed one day.

Lol. Someone has no poker face ;-)

i wouldnt ever lie to my dad. especially since they knew i did it. that would be really dumb. he really trusts me, but i know i really screwed up. and i admit that.

Ain't no thing. If that's the worst trouble you get into this year you're doing just fine.

thats what the officer said. "if that's the worst thing i get you for, don't worry about it". my dad doesnt quite see it the same way. he's still pissed.

Ain't no thing. If that's the worst trouble you get into this year you're doing just fine.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

would have gotten arrested for reckless driving

No you wouldn't have.

The officer has to prove you were on a way (road) to cite you for reckless.

However... destruction of property is a whole different story.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Hey lesson learned. No harm done, your still alive. Any word on when you get your license back from your dad?

As long as you learned your lesson!

No one on this site should chastise you for this. We have all done stupid shit behind the wheel.

Me especially... (127 foot burnout with a cop watching)

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I agree. Good for you for learning a hard lesson and manning up to the situation.

Plus lying to your folks is never a good idea, keep the trust levels high.

I used to do a ton of stupid shit when I was your age (and a lot older) and fortunately I never really got caught. My parents thought I was an angel.

My little brother on the other hand, got caught EVERY single time he did anything stupid, from drinking in a field on Halloween, to smoking up with his buddy in a back yard instead of being in class, to shoplifting chocolate bars when he was 13, etc, etc.

I had horseshoes up my ass my whole teen life, my brother had none.

Sure donuts on the street are reckless but in an empty parking lot w/o kids, cars or other objects of actual value....they should be fine.

If people are legally allowed to endanger their own lives by smoking tobacco they should be allowed to endanger their own lives by doing donuts. As long as they are not endangering the lives of others or property thats actually worth something.

Destruction of property??

WTF...its grass.....give them a few grass seeds and some water. Besides its going to self-destruct once winter sets in, anyways. They're gonna take Nature to court for destruction of property when that happens....jackasses!

The cops should spend more time harrassing blind old drivers going 35 in a 65 zone in their Buicks or the idiots that hold hour long conference calls while on the freeway occupying the fast lane.....instead of you!

What should be illegal are those new pickups...the ones that block my view completely when i'm on the road. Freakin idiots that make the law....and worse are us who sit by and let these morons take the fun out of our lives....a little bit at a time

i'm with ya....i go to empty parking lots every chance i get in the snow. they can SMD!

A responsible driver having some fun in an empty lot > unattentive driver/s on the freeway.

Dude, how old are you? 17 as well?

you can't tell me that destroying a public park with deep tire tracks is no big deal.

I used to live by a school field my whole life and if I saw some idiot doing that I'd report them too. I don't need my field pigged up with some tire marks that'll take a year to recover from.

Your argument about a snowy parking lot is a completely separate issue. The only damage one would do to a snowy parking lot is maybe crash over a curb or slide it into something that you shouldn't. And then, it'll be your car that takes the brunt of the damage.

you can't tell me that destroying a public park with deep tire tracks is no big deal.

I used to live by a school field my whole life and if I saw some idiot doing that I'd report them too. I don't need my field pigged up with some tire marks that'll take a year to recover from.

There are more important things in life than some destroyed grass. Besides this kid will be paying taxes for the rest of his life to upkeep that damn park anyways LOL.

I'm not saying what he did was right....but what I am saying is that the reaction of the authorities is a tad bit excessive. The kid realized his mistake...they should've dropped it then. No point taking it to his father.

There are other things that the authorities could be concentrating their time/efforts over.

Hey lesson learned. No harm done, your still alive. Any word on when you get your license back from your dad?

haha maybe when i'm 21 lol but in all seriousness, in a month or two maybe. atleast i dont have to pay for gas now :p

he did, however, tell me i'm taking the bus to school all of my senior year next year. we'll see if that happens lol

There are more important things in life than some destroyed grass. Besides this kid will be paying taxes for the rest of his life to upkeep that damn park anyways LOL.

I'm not saying what he did was right....but what I am saying is that the reaction of the authorities is a tad bit excessive. The kid realized his mistake...they should've dropped it then. No point taking it to his father.

There are more important things that the authorities could be concentrating their time/efforts over.

well thats the thing. they had to take it to my father. i didnt get stopped by a cop. someone (or 2 people) got my plate and called the cops and the cops looked up the car to see who itwas registered too - my dad. so they called him up to ask why a "young white male" was doing donuts in a park and why i used all 250hp and gunned it out of there :rolleyes:

When I was 17 I think I was grounded from driving about every other week. Mainly for minor things, but I always found out as long as no one got hurt and no permanent damage that I would get out of trouble pretty quickly. Of course your main error was a doing it in a park. I mean a park, there is no cover in parks, dozens of people probably saw you doing that. Next time pick an area that makes it hard for others to see you doing the donuts, like a forest preserve, err I mean it was very irresponsible and don't do it again.

Archived