LegacyGT.com

Twin Turbo Infiniti FX - CRAZY

come on now.....a 4sp Auto is cutting edge!

Random factoid....Subaru sources the FX35's transmission for 5EAT equipped cars. I believe the rear diff is the same, but the FX has a superior AWD system (it's only active under 18mph or when wheelslip is detected).

I would hardly call a Reactive AWD superior to a Proactive one

and someone please edit the first post so the pics are horizontal and not vertical

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would hardly call a Reactive AWD superior to a Proactive one
:rolleyes: Subaru isn't proactive Wiener. Subaru is all mechanical. This is an electronically controlled system that can engage AWD within 1/60th of a second if wheelslip is detected. This makes the FX RWD over 18mph except when needed. Truth be told....I could get more wheelspin in my LGT then I can in the FX (never been able to break it loose yet). 265 width tires FTW.

and someone please edit the first post so the pics are horizontal and not vertical

they are vertical

Guest Gitster
I still dont like the body kit.

:whore:

They took a beautifully engineered car and ruined it. The engine stuff is fine, but I dont see the point in making a super powerful motor then "Hip Hop-ing" the body out. Its just ugly.

:rolleyes: Subaru isn't proactive Wiener. Subaru is all mechanical. This is an electronically controlled system that can engage AWD within 1/60th of a second if wheelslip is detected. This makes the FX RWD over 18mph except when needed. Truth be told....I could get more wheelspin in my LGT then I can in the FX (never been able to break it loose yet).

they are vertical

I guess it dpends on which tranny you have. The 5MT is all mechanical and does take a little reaction time for the power to transfer, but it's always AWD in a 50/50 split with the ability to shift some to either side.

The 5EAT, which happend to come from the same line as the FX's EAT is also always AWD but more biased towards one side (i forgot which side) but it reacts alots faster to slip.

The point is the FX has to start from basicly 2wd then move more power, so it's already behind the curve. The subies already have power at the wheels with grip and require less transfer of power becasue some is already there. That's what makes it proactive.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

the FX is full-time AWD at low speed. The chance of wheelslip at higher speeds is nil, except in inclement weather. There's a switch on the dash to enable AWD for these conditions at speeds higher than normal.

Subaru's system is simple and effective. That doesn't mean there aren't better systems out there (BMW's X-Drive comes to mind).

Guest Gitster
Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah.

Very nice. My only argument is that it is too low. I am not a fan of the "slammed" look.

he's got coilovers on it...he dropped it for the photoshoot...he doesn't actually drive it like that :lol:

Why would he drop it that low for the photoshoot though? :confused:

A nice low profile would have been sufficient and been much sexier.

That drop almost makes the FX look ghetto. But thats just my opinion I suppose. Other than that, the exterior mods, stereo, and performance mods are done perfectly. I can only imagine what those MB Quart QSD's sound like.

PGT: I finally got everything tuned properly with the MB Quart PCE Components up front, I added some JBL coaxials w/tweeter crossovers for the rear doors. It sounds amazing with the W6 and the whole car being dynamatted. :rolleyes:

For a Hot Import Nights -type of SUV, I think it looks pretty rad. I'm with Manny on this one.

For the Money invested would you guys rather roll around in this FX or a Porsche Cayenne Turbo?

Archived