LegacyGT.com

STi Spy shots at the ring

Hokiebird

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately it will never be allowed to join the Wagon Mafia...

Maybe someone will make a new club called the Cute-Hatch Mafia...?

I dunno, doesn't have the same ring to it.

it's got so many things going on, it's not distinctive. 5/8 size BMW X5 styling, Civic SI shaped spoiler, etc. I was excited to see the STI version but am left underwhelmed

• 2 weeks later...

I think the new wrx looks good. Give it a while and it will grow on you. Add in the fender flairs and lower suspension / bigger wheels the STI is a winner. The space and practicality of the 5 door will make it much more versitle as a daily driver than the previous STI or the Evo X.

Take a look at this picture and add in the fender flairs. Looks good.

subaru.impreza_wrx_act.corner_500.jpg.942a20a0deeb4017498e094950db02bb.jpg

Ugly, and since when did Subaru ever run a hatch as a WRC vehicle? They've deviated from their roots :(

Well the current platform is not doing so well in the WRC and it been a long time since a non-hatch has won any kind of championship. change can be a good thing.

I think the new wrx looks good. Give it a while and it will grow on you. Add in the fender flairs and lower suspension / bigger wheels the STI is a winner. The space and practicality of the 5 door will make it much more versitle as a daily driver than the previous STI or the Evo X.

Take a look at this picture and add in the fender flairs. Looks good.

Well, at least the WRX is a sleeper. And while the STi will look a little more aggressive, still a sleeper. Yawn.

i agree with tallguylehigh.

the STI has potential to become a mean mean badass hatch with its aftermarket support.

i also think the evo is a mix between the

alfa (more 159 than 156 though, especially the headlamps):

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/alfa_romeo/05/usa/alfa_159.jpg

Volvo S40 (Body lines)

http://www.motorpoint.com.au/car_images/volvos403.jpg

and the Audi A4 (the whole Front Fascia)

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/7/7/S/2007_AudiRS4.jpg

at least the Suby is being original! the new impreza is growing on me...

just got my issue of Motor Trend Sept. 07 pg. 76 pics and test of the 08 WRX major improvements. btw the one shown is a sedan and it looks great big improvement. next up the STI. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

i thought it funny Subaru wants to keep the car simple w/o all the high tech gadgets yet it costs the same as the Evo X :confused: bosco

well it's actually the EVO that has made the big jump in price, where the STI has alway been in that range since coming to the US..

Archived