LegacyGT.com

Speed Channel

ncretter

NASCAR and car building do take up a lot of time, but if you watch at just the right times you'll catch the good stuff. i have yet to see a WRC race on it this summer, though i haven't looked to see if they were airing any either. sunday mornings is F1 time, around noon or so they normally swap over to the prenascar shows like the NFL does :lol:, they covered at least 18 hours of lemans i'd say (though most of it was through the night USA time), and I think i saw a cup race from watkins glen or mid ohio not too long ago either.

I haven't seen WRC on speed in forever. I thought they stopped airing it.

they had a SCCA race this past weekend which was pretty cool to watch--- other than it's pretty much Nascar and 90,000 episodes of PINKS every day.

haha, yeah, i haven't seen WRC in about 2 years at least, but i didnt get speed at school either so i dont really know (me thinks there was a death in the sport around the time they stopped airing it, but maybe others can chime in?) and looking at the schedule they're re-airing the GT championship from watkins glen at 4am tonight :rolleyes:

i think on friday afternoons though they normally have the F1 practices, saturday morning is GT series racing until it gets cut out by nascar qualifying or something, sunday morning is f1 or GP racing and sunday afternoons is nascar...else ya its CCR (chop cut rebuild...dumb) or pinks (even dumber. if you're going to race bring a car you can challenge someone in, i'm not gonna go up to a mclaren on the street and ask for 25 car lengths in a race :lol:)

Just because the WRC isn't shown on Speed doesn't mean you can't watch it. If you are resourceful, learn to use the search on other forums, you will find it.

F1 and Champ Car are both going after more viewers which is why they keep jumping around on the other stations.

Just because the WRC isn't shown on Speed doesn't mean you can't watch it. If you are resourceful, learn to use the search on other forums, you will find it.

F1 and Champ Car are both going after more viewers which is why they keep jumping around on the other stations.

:whore:

f1 and gp are on abc a bunch now...good point

F1 on Fox is fortunately the same feed as Speed.

Nascar is pure boring, watching Nascar practice I just don't get

at all.

But now in Nascar they are driving, and I kid you not I heard it referred

this way, the Futuristic Car of Tomorrow. First of all they are driving it now so it should be the Car of Today and what the hell is futuristic about it? Oh yea the pushrods are now made out of space-age material, you know stuff from the 1950's.

Bring back WRC on Sunday night!

couldn't agree more, if you wanna see where the newest technologies and materials are, its not in NASCAR its in the grand prix and F1.

i was not impressed with LeMans on speed either, it wasn't even their feed so they couldn't control the video footage, they were just talking over the video feed that they were getting, thats just piss poor in my mind. if there was a wreck or something happened, they couldn't control the instant replay, WEAKSAUCE!

Nascar puts me to sleep. I don't get all the love people have for this sport. I would love to what WRC.

I only watch Motorcycle Racing - AMA Superbikes & Moto GP on Sundays in the spring/summer.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

The Car of Tomorrow is really Car of 1970's. All the changes they made moved them up a decade.

Given the choice of watching WRC on Speed vs. downloading it from the internet, I'll choose the internet. So far Eurosport has covered 1/2 hour segements per day, plus a pre-event show, and a post-event show, and sometimes another hour of live feed from one of the stadium super specials. So 2.5 hours of WRC off the internet or 1/2 hour on Speed. Easy choice there.

Speed is owned by Fox, so I don't understand why they just don't leave F1 on Speed and NASCAR on Fox. They must be trying to confuse the goobers. F1 on Fox doesn't present the race live, which bothers me, but if I lived on the West coast I'd probably think otherwise.

Fox= much suck. They tape delayed the French GP last weekend...what for? So they can show infomercials at 6:00 am?

I miss WRC...they have been off the air for a few years coming abck next year though...

Rehab is for quitters.

Nascrap on Speed basically means if you are a poor redneck that can't afford a double wide, you still have to make enough money to pay for cable tv.

Like I've said before, it's better that WRC isn't on Speed. Speed ended up just showing 1/2 hour of a 3 day event. Download it off the internet, you get 2.5 hours worth of coverage per event. F$ck Speed.

F1 is offered in Canada in 16:9 SD on TSN. It's much nicer then the 4:3 broadcast and I refuse to watch the 4:3 signal now. If you can pick up the TSN signal try to get it. You'll probably have to contact a broker in the US to get it though.

Wasn't US GP broadcast in 16:9 HD on Fox?

Download it off the internet, you get 2.5 hours worth of coverage per event. F$ck Speed.

I know it's been mentioned here before, but where do you get the good links? I've found some by searching on Yahoo, but I don't know what's good or not and I don't have enough disk space or patience to find out. lol.

-ben

F1 is offered in Canada in 16:9 SD on TSN. It's much nicer then the 4:3 broadcast and I refuse to watch the 4:3 signal now. If you can pick up the TSN signal try to get it. You'll probably have to contact a broker in the US to get it though.

Wasn't US GP broadcast in 16:9 HD on Fox?

The TSN coverage is much better I think, also you get commentary by Martin Brundle.

Speed channel has really gone shit. I remember when you could watch AMA, snow mobile racing, etc.

I miss AMA superbike racing. I think they have a new series on custom Jap bikes coming up soon.

The TSN coverage is much better I think, also you get commentary by Martin Brundle.

Definitely....

The ITV race commentary shown on TSN is light years better then Speed. Although, since JV left F1 the pre and after race coverage has gone done hill on TSN. I've noticed they have started even cutting off the podium driver's commentary after the race.

Speed pre and after race coverage is usually a little more indepth then TSN.

I believe Americans can pick up the TSN feed but will probably need a dish and have to go through a channel broker to get it. I've read in other forums that people as far as Florida have been able to get TSN so they can get there F1 fix properly.

I know it's been mentioned here before, but where do you get the good links? I've found some by searching on Yahoo, but I don't know what's good or not and I don't have enough disk space or patience to find out. lol.

+1

Do you have to pay $$ to the WRC website to get this?

TiVo - FTW

I have my TiVo set to record every F1 race, haven't missed one yet.:D This way I can avoid all the Nascar crap.

Chat forum on Speed ch. about WRC.

http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=138635&sid=23d0f23f252027a1a4111c01914a0247

And this is how you can order WRC.

http://www.wrc.com/page/BuyWRCPlus/0,,10111,00.html

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived