LegacyGT.com

What´s the best options to add to your Legacy?

Hi !

As a new owner of Subaru, I must ask what all experienced owners thinks are the:

- best looking

- best use

- fun to have

- all other reasons

options to add to your car

It’s a Legacy Station car. 2.0R (Swedish one) with 18" ASA wheels.

//Peter

Auto-Dimming Mirror and rubber floor mats were really the only options i got.

Same, those two + the STI shift kit for me. The latter is debatable given other options in the marketplace from Cobb and Kartboy. However, after my experience with gear grind in a VW, I was cautious to install a non-Subaru authorized short-shift kit. Should something go wrong, I really want to feel comfortable telling the dealer 'fix it' and not having to cross my fingers for warranty coverage.

Outside of dealer installed options, I'd recommend some lightweight 17's + sticky tires.

The 05 Legacy I bought already had the auto dimming mirror and sub woofer. After I got my windows tinted, I believe the auto dimming mirror has functioned about twice.

Sticky wheels, for me, so far.

1. I installed a second cigarette lighter behind the driver's seat to power the porta fridge we use on road trips

2. winter rims and tires

3. tinted windows

4. belkin ipod mount, charger, & 3.5mm phono plug

5. sti short throw for the 6spd tranny (love it)

6. from the factory - autodim mirror, rubber mats, heated seats, navi, USDM armrest (JDM is better, would prefer it)

7. trailer hitch

8. DRL disable

On order:

Cobb anti sway package

Maybe I am picky, but I've got the auto dimming mirror, and I wish I hadn't. My car was a left over, so I didn't really have a choice on options. Never dims at dusk when someone pulls up behind you, and at night it reacts WAY SLOW. Also if its sunny out, it will dim while I'm in my garage, and have to use my side mirriors to back out...
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

^^ Hmmm. I had never had an auto-dimming mirror before and like you, didn't really want one. But the car came with it and I have to say that I was REALLY impressed with it! I thought it performed great. But then I tinted the windows so it's a moot issue for me. Oh well, different strokes for different folks, and all that.

As for the original topic, my favorite 'mods' are the free seatbelt chime disable mod and the free unlock-all-doors-at-once mod. I also like the DRL disable, but I don't think you can do that in Sweden! I like my STi short-throw shifter and WRX pedals, too, but neither are strictly necessary. There's so many mod options out there that I'd have to suggest that you'll need to decide for yourself what area you would like to improve. Have fun!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Personally, so far:

- best looking: window tint

- best use: MP3 CD player

- fun to have: Cobb STS, raised center console armrest

- all other reasons: snow tires

But I haven't started with the power or handling mods yet, and I still have a 'retained accessory power' module that I need to install.

Archived