LegacyGT.com

Meet at Palisades Mall Saturday Dec 4th!!!

carman493

[quote name='red beast']i agree he bit off more then he could chew. i thought that two of you at the same time was pushing it. damn you "drift kings", you.[/QUOTE] Yeah we were pushing it pretty hard and taking turns in the drift area gave the crowd something to watch at all times. Good rule of thumb, don't try to put on a show after to cars at the same time and try to top it esecialy with re92s. :D So whats up with a January meet same place and get our snow drift on lol. I hope the guy that BIT THE CURB will show up at another one of our meets a little mellower with better tires, hey I need better tires.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='ih8vtec13']Yeah we were pushing it pretty hard and taking turns in the drift area gave the crowd something to watch at all times. Good rule of thumb, don't try to put on a show after to cars at the same time and try to top it esecialy with re92s. :D So whats up with a January meet same place and get our snow drift on lol. I hope the guy that BIT THE CURB will show up at another one of our meets a little mellower with better tires, hey I need better tires.[/QUOTE] We had some nice mini drifting going on, I thought. I'm hoping someone took pix of us out there- we stayed out long enough to let people get their cameras out. In particular, I'm wondering what my car looks like leaning into corners with the higher suspension. About the time I said enough is enough, my tires (stock RE92's for winter) were getting warmed up and were sliding much easier. At the end I had some nice fishtailing going on. I may have to look into Autocrossing- that was a lot of fun. I kept mine in first the whole time and didn't go over 4 grand or so- even so, the tires did get to melting and what not. One thing that was strange is as I would go around, the front tires would grab traction every now and then and kind of "bark" as they bit in. I'm thinking maybe this is the higher suspension, which is floatier too, putting weight on and off of the front of the car.

[quote name='jedimaster']We had some nice mini drifting going on, I thought. I'm hoping someone took pix of us out there- we stayed out long enough to let people get their cameras out. In particular, I'm wondering what my car looks like leaning into corners with the higher suspension. About the time I said enough is enough, my tires (stock RE92's for winter) were getting warmed up and were sliding much easier. At the end I had some nice fishtailing going on. I may have to look into Autocrossing- that was a lot of fun. I kept mine in first the whole time and didn't go over 4 grand or so- even so, the tires did get to melting and what not. One thing that was strange is as I would go around, the front tires would grab traction every now and then and kind of "bark" as they bit in. I'm thinking maybe this is the higher suspension, which is floatier too, putting weight on and off of the front of the car.[/QUOTE] It did look pretty sick let me tell you and i am wondering the same thing. So I guess we can be called the drift kings now lol

[quote name='red beast']he's bloodline_rex at nasioc. [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8286537#post8286537[/url][/QUOTE] He was a cool cat and we shouldn't rag on him to bad. I think that he suffered enough emotional abuse with all of us taking pics os his bruised baby.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Xenonk']as sarcastic as it may sound, none of it was even close to drifting.. I didnt even see the infamous opposite lock at any given time.. all I saw was nothing but trouble coming up. :p Keefe[/QUOTE] I figured you'd pull out and show us how it's done- what happened? Lost your mojo after what happened to the red rex? :lol:

Not my style to do things that are not legit.. it looks better when there are cones out there.. besides, I didnt drive 500 miles to be an ass in front of everyone. Next time when the Penn-Jersey SCCA host an event at Giant's Stadium, I'll take you guys out in a ride and you can tell me if I am drifting or not. Keefe
Keefe

No it wasn't drifting but it was fun and i even saw trble comming thats why i stopped doing it relativly quickly. I have to agree I am suprised you didn't show some of your skills Keefe, but next event up this way let me know I really want to see how you drive in a track type setting.

It's more fun when there are rules to go with.. I was not impressed with the IS300 guy just doing donuts.. anyone can do that with a RWD car and just rev it up and drop the clutch and turn the wheel to the left.. It would have been more amazing if that IS300 driver did have skills that are taught at [url]www.thestuntfactory.com[/url] where they teach their students to become stunt drivers.. you should see this video of the instructor driving a ford mustang straight ON towards a PERSON standing still, then the instructor would pitch the car just slightly off-line and would do drifting-donuts only a few feet away from the person standing in the middle of the circle.. [img]http://www.bobbyoresports.com/360.jpg[/img] [I][B]Now that's impressive[/i][/b] eventually, I will take a Stunt Driving class and learn 180s and 360s on automatic and manual cars. But I still have a lot to learn about just normal driving dynamics. The Stunt Factory is located in New Jersey which the last I recall is a Bobby Ore affiliated school. I think the classes range about $2k for 3 to 5 days of driving practice. see more at: [url]http://www.bobbyoresports.com/courses.htm[/url] btw, Bobby Ore Stunt Driving school in California is the same school where all the actors and stunt drivers goto for the Hollywood films such as "Gone in 60 seconds" and "the Fast and the Furious". Keefe
Keefe

it's still a car with four wheels and a steering wheel.. it's a matter of the funds to dish out $2k up to $15k for stunt driving school. If you want to see some AWD stunt driving, go rent Jackie Chan's movie "Who am I" and "Operation Thunderbolt".. Older JDM Evos can do pivot-center-axis donuts that make RWD jealous.. I would love to see some RWD car do a 180 all in a space of just TWO parking spots. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='ih8vtec13']Keefe, when and where is the next event you are donig, if its not to rediculous of a drive i want to check it out[/QUOTE] The autox events probably wont start back up until March.. but I'll keep posting of all the events I will be doing on the east coast, including track events under the Motorsports topic section. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']The autox events probably wont start back up until March.. but I'll keep posting of all the events I will be doing on the east coast, including track events under the Motorsports topic section. Keefe[/QUOTE] Too bad there isn't one sometime this month, I'm free all month after being laid off with 2 weeks vacation, and 2 weeks sevrance pay.

there's always next year, as I will be starting out my 5th year in autocrossing and hope to learn more about how to go faster around the course without pushing the car harder. It's not hard to drive like an idiot.. it's mastering car control that I am looking for.. it's pretty cool when you can neutral steer the car using the throttle and just let the car glide around a turn. I have been through a lot of those moments with the WRX and I expect to do the same in the GT.. nothing like letting the car go around a turn with both of your hands off the wheel and waving out the window for style points! Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']there's always next year, as I will be starting out my 5th year in autocrossing and hope to learn more about how to go faster around the course without pushing the car harder. It's not hard to drive like an idiot.. it's mastering car control that I am looking for.. it's pretty cool when you can neutral steer the car using the throttle and just let the car glide around a turn. I have been through a lot of those moments with the WRX and I expect to do the same in the GT.. nothing like letting the car go around a turn with both of your hands off the wheel and waving out the window for style points! Keefe[/QUOTE] That's sick I didn't think that was possable, but after seeing what some of these guys in Japan do like standing half out of the car and spinning it hey i guess more can be done then i thought.

Oh, if you want to see some impossible stuff that are possible, you should really see some real car control right here: [url]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/taf.parsons/Movies/ChrisEvans.wmv[/url] [url]http://tom.kat.free.fr/mini.wmv[/url] Keefe
Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Xenonk']Here's more: [url]http://www.russswift.com/Pages/Videos.html[/url] after watching these videos, we should all feel incompetent and stupid about how lame we are to call ourselves drivers. Keefe[/QUOTE] No.

Archived