LegacyGT.com

Cobb Tuning is in need of some 2006 LGT MT Beta testers...

Christian.

We have developed some special AccessPORT calibrations which will allow you to set a Launch Control and a WOT shifting RPM. You will have to have a new AccessPORT to enable and test this feature and this feature only works on MT vehicles. You will need to view this instructional video as well = http://cobbforums.com/videos/Launch25.mov

Since these features can cause serious damage to your drive train: Launch control and building boost from a stop (“at the line”) will product a tremendous amount of heat and stress on the engine, turbo, and other components. It is NOT recommended you hold the engine under these conditions for ANY amount of time, which is to say do it as little as possible.

We CANNOT tell you how long is safe, what may be damaged, what will break first, what RPM is safe, best, etc. It is 100% up to you to decide if you’d like to use this functionality and if so, how.

Be Careful and Have fun!

If you have a 2006 LGT MT or OBXT MT, a new AccessPORT, and you are interested in Beta testing this calibration for us...please e-mail me christian@cobbtuning.com with "2006 LGT MT LC Beta Tester Volunteer" as the subject line. Be sure to include your name and contact information in the e-mail.

Take care,

Christian.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have developed some special AccessPORT calibrations which will allow you to set a Lunch Control and a WOT shifting RPM...

Sounds interesting, but damn, spell checking FTL.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Hey Christian, GET TO WORK ON THE '07-'08 AP's before YOU'RE LYNCHED! :lol:

Well, I have to test these calibrations before I can continue work on the 2007 LGTs so I wanted to see if this community wanted to help?

Why do we need a new AP?

The new AP has the memory capacity as to where the original AP does not.

Christian.

Well, I have to test these calibrations before I can continue work on the 2007 LGTs so I wanted to see if this community wanted to help?

The new AP has the memory capacity as to where the original AP does not.

Christian.

So wait a tick.... you're saying these new additions to the '05-'06 AP's are going to specifically help with the '07-'08 cars huh? Odd.

I have a laptop with loads of memory. Send me some software and I'll try it out.

If it were only that simple. Well we are at the point where we will need to get a 2006 LGT MT in house for further testing. I will do what I can to make it worth your time if you can allow your vehicle to stay at our facility for 2 days of testing.

Thanks,

Christian.

I am local, but only an old access port. :( heh

They'll probably unmarry your AP v.1 and do the testing with an AP v.2.

Hurry up and help, so that us 07+ folks can get our darn APs!!!!!:mad::spin::mad:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

They'll probably unmarry your AP v.1 and do the testing with an AP v.2.

Absolutely, we would greatly appreciate it if you could leave your car with us for a day or two. You can unmarry your original AP then we can use a Beta AP to test these calibrations. Please e-mail me if you are capable of doing this, christian@cobbtuning.com

Take care,

Christian.

Not that I qualify but why a 06 and not a 05 or 05.5 (which by the way, I need to fix that as I have a 05.5 wagon and a 05AP and I belive that is why it boggs between shifts at the top of the RPM's between shifts.)

Archived