LegacyGT.com

DBA4000 blank rotors

fweasel

• 9 months later...
When I was looking, I found only one dealer who had one set in stock. Don't even recall who it was. Definitely going to be a special order and seeing the slotted rears are BO'd already, have fun with that.
ignore him, he'll go away.

And, if I'm correct....a slotted rotor is not effective for street driving either. In that it's job is to clear the glaze effect off pads caused by high heat temperatures (often caused by autocross/track)

But, then I have read DBA rotors work better with pads for stopping power. Or is that BS....and it's just a better pad?

KevinH

then since I don't track or auto-x the car, there's no reason for me to go past OEM rotors?

Roger that. Pads, fluid, lines (for feel) are all that would be needed for the street. New tires, if you really want to improve your stopping ability.

And, if I'm correct....a slotted rotor is not effective for street driving either. In that it's job is to clear the glaze effect off pads caused by high heat temperatures (often caused by autocross/track)

But, then I have read DBA rotors work better with pads for stopping power. Or is that BS....and it's just a better pad?

99% of the people with slotted and corss drilled rotors have them for looks. Neither feature will add any benefit for the street, IMO.

For the street, your best upgrade in terms of stopping power is tires. Cheapest upgrade, pads.

Interestingly though, it seems like the stock rotors are "soft" I have changed rotors on a few cars of my own, and on other folks cars, and the LGT is the only one where with ONLY a rotor change, the brakes felt stiffer. The comparison has always been w/ no bleeding after the rotor change :iam:
:spin:

The stock rotors are definitely "softer". The local member that got the DBA blanks got them just so he wouldn't warp the rotors with one panic stop, etc, like I have done with my stock rotors. The stock rotors can't really even take an aggressive daily driving routine:rolleyes:

^^^Not what I am saying :(

You will not warp the stock rotors, and they are structurally fine...

All I am saying is that feel-wise, kind of like steel brakelines give you a slightly firmer pedal, I noticed with an AM rotor the pedal felt firmer. Less give.

Had I not done the work, I would have assumed the brakes were bled also :iam:

:spin:

I am running DBA 4000 blanks. Took like 3 months to get.

Coincidentally I'll be selling them very soon, probably in a week, as soon as I install my Brembos. I have 15k on them, most of which was highway (two cross country trips).

Actually yes, pedal seemed bit more firmer. I know it looks like it's my head (and praedet's), but I think there was a difference. Yes, I used the same pads (Endless SSM). The only component that changed was rotors at that time.

Archived