LegacyGT.com

"hogzawst" mod bad for motor??

BlueLegacyGt

i herd about the "hogzawst" mod and decided to try it out untill i got the cash to buy a new system and i recently heard from someone that the leak that the hogzwast mod creates in order to make the sound is bad for the motor because of the way the air flows. is there any truth to this claim? or is the hogzawst as safe as i want it 2 be lol

comments and suggestions are appreciated

thnkx

What happens to any old car with a rusty exhaust leak? Does it blow up in a nuclear cloud of smoke and kill small babies and puppies? Why would the hogzaust be any different than any exhaust leak on an old car?

How could the very very very very minor reduction in back pressure versus say an expensive catback exhaust for your LGT (which changes the "airflow" even more) become harmful?

No offense, but have they forgotten to teach common sense in school these days?

Whoa, whoa.............settle down guys, he's a new member with a legitimate question. Not everyone is as cool as you guys :p:lol:.............

First.......Welcome.

Second...........I mean your engine will run with a straight pipe :lol: (min back pressure), and be OK w/ a tune...........so a 1/4 gap prior to the muffler isn't going to cause any change (that the ECU can't at least, mostly, compensate for).

Not really sure on the specifics and I wouldn't do it to any of my vehicles (not for safety, but just because it's not my style).

It sounds cool, for no cash....... and if you do it, make sure to return it to stock before having any kind of dealer service ;).

Jealousy??? Maybe he's an int0rntz pseudonym stalker :eek:...........Show Yourself!!!:lol::lol:

+4: the Hogzaust is perfectly safe.

The engine needs a certain amount of backpressure from the exhaust to work efficiently, but (a) the turbo on our cars is a big exhaust 'restriction' that takes care of this all on it's own, and (b) even without the turbo a couple of tiny openings at the end of the exhaust is too little to disturb the airflow all the way upstream at the engine.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Agreed...not a problem for the motor since the change in backpressure/flow are minimal and as johnawd mentioned it is after the O2 sensors so you don't have to worry about it throwing off your fuel mix. One thing it is not good for are your exhaust flanges. Recently I dropped my cans while modding and not only were the bolts badly corroded from all the salt here in Jersey but the flanges looked a little rough too. Because of this I may be looking at the next XO2 GB if I gots the cash.

thanks dudes sorry if it was a dumb question i just wanted to hear wat u guys knew about it because i figured it would be fine at least till i get new cans but when i heard it from this dude that it was bad i just wanted to check- thanks again for the feed back

-dave

What happens to any old car with a rusty exhaust leak? Does it blow up in a nuclear cloud of smoke and kill small babies and puppies? Why would the hogzaust be any different than any exhaust leak on an old car?

How could the very very very very minor reduction in back pressure versus say an expensive catback exhaust for your LGT (which changes the "airflow" even more) become harmful?

Wow shiggins, pretty tuff answer to a simple question from the new guy(?)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Wow shiggins, pretty tuff answer to a simple question from the new guy(?)

My bad...I had a rough day at work dealing with some incompetent people. I guess I was posting while male PMSing. I apologize to BlueLegacy for my comments.

and cheezy
(sic)

cheesy

1) Any form of entertainment (music, movies) or aesthetic (hair style, photo pose) that the status quo has deemed fully open to ridicule, usually with no explanation. More specifically, the status quo here being that of Generation X. "tacky" and "dated" are closely related words, but far from being exact synonyms.

2) Anything the speaker doesn't like, which makes it an immensely vague adjective

3) A term embraced by young self-proclaimed non-conformists, to hypocritically distinguish what they've been taught to dislike from what they've been taught to like

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheesy

Lets not flame the n00b too bad there ok?:rolleyes:

Edit- noticed your apology in post 13. Thread saved!

Guest Gitster
Whoa, whoa.............settle down guys, he's a new member with a legitimate question. Not everyone is as cool as you guys :p:lol:.............

First.......Welcome.

Second...........I mean your engine will run with a straight pipe :lol: (min back pressure), and be OK w/ a tune...........so a 1/4 gap prior to the muffler isn't going to cause any change (that the ECU can't at least, mostly, compensate for).

Not really sure on the specifics and I wouldn't do it to any of my vehicles (not for safety, but just because it's not my style).

It sounds cool, for no cash....... and if you do it, make sure to return it to stock before having any kind of dealer service ;).

Jealousy??? Maybe he's an int0rntz pseudonym stalker :eek:...........Show Yourself!!!:lol::lol:

From one n00ber to another...........

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived