LegacyGT.com

"hogzawst" mod bad for motor??

BlueLegacyGt

but i said "CHEEZY":lol:

Sic is a Latin word meaning "thus", "so", or "just as that". In writing, it is placed within square brackets and usually italicized — [sic] — to indicate that an incorrect or unusual spelling, phrase, punctuation, and/or other preceding quoted material has been reproduced verbatim from the quoted original and is not a transcription error.

cheeze

cheeze: another word for cash money! also refer to cheese definition.

orign from the hood when families would get their free money or government cheese. (2) also meaning head of something, e.g. a boss, team leader, head honcho,

Where one's underwear and pants are in their butt

Its a Cheeze that commands the funny. Radio show cheeze to be exact. just search for Cheeze on the net and you will get CHEEZE.

Any video game, computer software, or other commercial product that is extremely substandard

its a slang term for crack in da hood.

............ etc.

etc. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheeze

Sorry, this definition page is not yet loaded. Based on your search, we are increasing the priority for cheezy and will race to post it for you if we have it on file. In the meantime, the links below are for public service or indexed to cheezy and may be of interest:

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/cheezy

:confused::confused:

:lol:

• 1 month later...
thanks dudes sorry if it was a dumb question i just wanted to hear wat u guys knew about it because i figured it would be fine at least till i get new cans but when i heard it from this dude that it was bad i just wanted to check- thanks again for the feed back

-dave

It wasn't a dumb question to someone that is new. I am considering the hogzaust for the boxer rumble as well. Sure, its the cheap way, but some of us don't have "unlimited" funds like others.

As for catback exhaust, unless you plan on spending extra money for a bigger turbo/fmic/injectors etc etc, the price to horsepower ratio isn't really all that great for the amount you spend on a solid cb exhaust system. I mean look at my setup. I have everything except for CB exhaust and I managed 270 hp to wheels with a dyno tune. I mean if I was to purchase CB exhaust, I might see 5-10 more horsepower to the wheels.

Compare this:

I spent ($425/Cobb DP, $600/Cobb AP V2, $200/AEM CAI, $175/Bosal UP, and $350/TDC Protune).

That totals to around $1750.00. I went from roughly 200 whp (stock) to 270 whp (Stg II Protune). Thats 70 whp difference. That comes out roughly to 4 hp for every $100 that I spent.

A decent catback exhaust will cost you $600-$1200. Some of them are even more than that. For all intensive purposes, we will say $700 dollars for exhaust with an increase of around 10 whp. That comes out to around 1.5 whp. <---This would be a lot lower without a tune btw)

My friend who has an 2007 LGT purchased the SPT exhaust ($1000) and the SPT intake ($270).

Which setup would you rather have? That should give you some input as to what mods do what and which mods are the best value for money spent.

I hope that helps. :cool:

why do ppl do a deliberate exhaust leak mod just to make it louder?

because it sounds 90% (or more) as good as an expensive catback.

people buy catbacks because of the sound. If you can do the same with a dollar or so, why not?

i didnt do this, but i can see why people would.

car for sale. PM me!

to answer your question. no. you do not need to re-use the gaskets on this mod. would serve no purpose to put them back in bacause they would just be sitting there flapping in the wind and might come back into the IC. I am sure everyone has heard this. you must remove the gaskets to prevent intercooler damage.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

to answer your question. no. you do not need to re-use the gaskets on this mod. would serve no purpose to put them back in bacause they would just be sitting there flapping in the wind and might come back into the IC. I am sure everyone has heard this. you must remove the gaskets to prevent intercooler damage.

Ummm...... I'm not sure where to start with this, but here goes.

There is no physical way that the gaskets could damage the intercooler. let me explain why. First, the gaskets would need to be broken into bits small enough to go through the platinum honeycomb in the catalytic converters. Ignoring the fact that the air in the exhaust system moves from the front of the car to the rear, the particles would then pass from the cats backward through the hot side of the turbocharger, then through the exhaust manifold and into the cylinder chambers. Still travelling backwards, the now white hot bits of gasket would enter the PLASTIC intake manifold, then proceed to the intercooler.

The bits of the gasket could, however, damage or block the mufflers if they broke apart and were blown in there. But this is probably what you meant.

Have a great weekend!

There is no physical way that the gaskets could damage the intercooler. let me explain why. First, the gaskets would need to be broken into bits small enough to go through the platinum honeycomb in the catalytic converters. Ignoring the fact that the air in the exhaust system moves from the front of the car to the rear, the particles would then pass from the cats backward through the hot side of the turbocharger, then through the exhaust manifold and into the cylinder chambers. Still travelling backwards, the now white hot bits of gasket would enter the PLASTIC intake manifold, then proceed to the intercooler.

quote]

The scenario your describing is correct ONLY if you live north of the equator.;)

Archived