LegacyGT.com

Features that SHOULD come on the Legacy

Auto up/down for all windows and being able to use accessories (i.e. windows, stereo, etc) after the car is turned off but before the driver exits the vehicle would be huuuuge for me.

+1. That wouldn't even involve major hardware or anything but it is really convenient. Even Ford offers that feature.

By the way, what in the world is a Legacy Wagon Touring?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
auto down windows

remote start for 5mt

nav for 5mt

cooled seats

i have a black on black lgt so it gets hot

well all know tons of people get them, but remote starts on stick shift is illegal in most if not all states...

+2 on telescopic wheel and steering wheel radio controls..

400 ft.-lb. torque.

Anti-lag system.

Active front, center, and rear diff.

Zero-shift gear box.

Telescoping steering wheel.

Seat that can be lowered more.

MP3/Hard drive for the stereo.

More colors.

Auto windows, up and down. Auto sunroof close, and retained accessory power to close them after the engine is turned off. (key in off position, or out of ignition. Door key window and sunroof open and close might be nice, too.

Memory for the power seats. Spec B should not have a lock on this feature. I can't even get in the car if my wife has adjusted the seat for herself. Having the buttons on the driver's door would be even better.

slightly more comfortable seats, but stock aren't bad. Lumbar support IS, though.

HID optional. HIR high beam bulbs, not that stock ones suck, they don't. But better is better.

Bilsteins and aluminum arms for ALL GT models, I would go even further saying that GT Spec B should be in the GT Limited's market position, with Optional NAV, rather than mandatory, and GT should go back to it's non-limited configuration at ~$25k.

Replaceable stereo faceplate for audio upgrades.

Tribeca's 3-dial ACC, with better control algorithms and proper effects.

LED tail lights. C'mon. Why not? faster binary on-off, low power consumption, longevity, and thinner housing requirements, why is this not a given? Brake lights and signals should be LEDs as a matter of course. Everything besides front headlights can be done with LEDs, and Audi is even talking about LED array headlights soon.

rear parking sensors, the tail is kind of tall on these cars. if it saves the bumper and the paint, then it is worth it.

Standard cargo netting or other cargo management in the trunk. Trunk is nice, but without it, everything gets thrown around. Shouldn't have to drop coin on that, it should be standard.

newly added features, like Steering wheel radio buttons, and telescoping wheel would be nice, which should be available for 08, and 07's folding seats and auxiliary audio input are nice. SI drive might be cool, but I don't "need" it. SUCKS that you have to cut your color and model/bodystyle choice to get those things, though.

cooling/heating seat elements would be awesome.

But all that being said, the Legacy is still the car I choose, even without most of this additional stuff. What it does have is good. What it could have would be even better.

With some of these increased amenities, and abilities to have bluetooth, and other things added more easily, Legacy/Outback would actually begin to really compete with other sedans/allroad-CUV cars in it's class, like A4, TSX, Volvo, and others on the window sticker lists.

400ft-lb tq, Anti-lag system? Cripes, this is a production car, not a rally prepped race car.

WRB would be nice, but I'd rather have a full Legacy STi package. In fact, All I want is for Subaru to offer their JDM models in left hand drive for the US. That's it. I can deal with everything else. If not that, how about the Liberty GT Tuned by STi that the Aussies get?

SOA, I know you are reading this, wanna chime in? :lol: ...

...However, if they want to actually bring new customers in, it might behoove them to listen to what we have to say or at least think about what new customers to the brand would expect based on what competitors offer..

meh..wasting my breath here.

SOA has their Heights filter on! :lol:

but really, If they were marketing to the geezers, why would they offer a turbo4 instead of the 6??

Someone @ SOA has to know that the demographic for the GT is not the over 50 crowd. I thought that even you would pick up on that! :rolleyes:

The average middle-aged & older person I talk to that asks me how I like my subaru tells me if they're gonna get one it wont be a turbo. Every one of them. That right there tells you something.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The average middle-aged guinea-tee & tracksuit wearin' older person I talk to that asks me how I like my subaru tells me if they're gonna get one it wont be a turbo. Every one of them. That right there tells you something.

YEAH! WTF???

& WTF happened to the guddammed IROC? - that car was soooo hot in that factory teal color!

:hide:

Replaceable stereo faceplate for audio upgrades.

QUOTE]

Amen! This is probably one of the most important things in my mind. Come on Subaru, separate the climate controls from the radio so that we can install aftermarket headunits! This is a big hangup preventing me from purchasing a new Subaru, I won't buy one with the current integrated setup.

Archived