LegacyGT.com

Features that SHOULD come on the Legacy

I happen to like the daytime running lights and it has nothing to do with being lazy....its convenient for all the a holes who don't like turn there lights on when it dusk comes or for the idiots who think that it is easy to see oncoming cars when it is pouring down rain. Plus my laziness comes with a insurance discount kinda funny how they think that is a "safety feature"

Plus the lights don't come on and off as the ambient light fades....hence "daytime running lights" they stay on all day. And with DRL you still have to turn the switch to make your tail lights come one....unless you leave it on all the time...I'm lazy so I leave it on all the time:rolleyes:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The average middle-aged & older person I talk to that asks me how I like my subaru tells me if they're gonna get one it wont be a turbo. Every one of them. That right there tells you something.

As a genuine old guy (and a new grandpa to boot), I gotta say I won't ever own an AT vehicle, and after suffering with my non-turbo Mazda 6 for 3 years, I'm not going back to non-boost cars, either. If I ever end up in a f-ing wheelchair and that bastard don't have boost, just shoot me! :lol:

The boring old folks can just go buy a Buick. :p

As a genuine old guy (and a new grandpa to boot), I gotta say I won't ever own an AT vehicle, and after suffering with my non-turbo Mazda 6 for 3 years, I'm not going back to non-boost cars, either. If I ever end up in a f-ing wheelchair and that bastard don't have boost, just shoot me! :lol:

The boring old folks can just go buy a Buick. :p

:confused: about 4 months since I posted that :lol:

**unsubscribe**

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

meh, for me?

auto up on the front windows

more power

make option packages from STI bits (brembos, front LSD, HIDs w/ adj.)

....crap, this is starting to sound like a Legacy STi! :lol:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I took the lazy route and only read the first 3-4 pages.

So my list would be this

1. A true LSTi for the north american market (the most unrealistic of options)

2. Auto down/up windows at least make the fronts

3. Maybe its just my car, but the sunroof auto opens, and when you go to auto close it, it stops at one point so you have to hit the switch again. I just want the damn thing shut with one touch of the switch.

4. Bluetooth. Come on Kia's have it for god's sake.

5. A sunglass holder. VW used to have them were the d/frt assist handle was.

6. A boost guage instead of one of the 9 versions of a mpg guage I have.

7. Advanced key. I don't want this so much cause of the gadget factor but the fact that 08 keys are HUGE. You make an advance key that is the size of a credit card that fits in your wallet makes things much nicer. Apparently Japan already gets this feature.

8. Key off power. A lot of times I keep my car running while I close all the windows and sunroof. With this I could shut it off, close my windows and as soon at the door opens all power is gone. Audi/VW/Porsche has been doing this since the 80's.

9. One option I got that I don't want is the stutter. Could they option the car without the stutter option?

I think some of you may find some of this interesting.

Thank you for your suggestions for the Legacy STi, if the decision is made to offer that model in the United States. As you request, I have done, which is document your feedback so that it is reviewed, tracked and considered by our Product Planning Department for their discussions with our manufacturer as to what products and changes are being requested by our customers.

I just want to comment on a couple of things. For the 2008 WRX models with Navigation System, they will have Bluetooth capability with an accessory Bluetooth microphone. The 2008 Impreza and WRX models now have advanced keys, wherein the key and keyless entry fob are one unit. I would expect that these features will be expanded to our other model lines

So its only a matter of time before these things start showing up in Legacys.

OK, so I don't own a LGT yet - but can someone please tell me exactly what "telescoping steering wheel" means? I'm assuming this means that you can't raise/lower it to your driving comfort? If not, that's ghey as hell. Also, is there at least an auto down for the driver's window?

Geez, I thought I really wanted an LGT, but the more I read, the more reluctant I become... :(

^first of all if you let a forum influence your purchasing decisions more than actually tying out the product does, you are hopeless (no offense)

second of all, telescoping means it moves perpendicularly away/towards the dashboard face meaning if you are sitting in your seat you can pull the wheel towards or away from your chest.... that's the best i can explain it

OK, so I don't own a LGT yet - but can someone please tell me exactly what "telescoping steering wheel" means? I'm assuming this means that you can't raise/lower it to your driving comfort? If not, that's ghey as hell. Also, is there at least an auto down for the driver's window?

Geez, I thought I really wanted an LGT, but the more I read, the more reluctant I become... :(

ever driven a miata or s2000? the steering column thing doesnt move at all. the legacy moves up and down, but not towards or away from you.

-a

d b e ----you

-c

a,b,c,d, e are steering wheel positions. this is a side view. D is the front of the car, and you are in the driver's seat

the legacy can go a-b-c... but not d, or e.

car for sale. PM me!

ever driven a miata or s2000? the steering column thing doesnt move at all. the legacy moves up and down, but not towards or away from you.

-a

d b e ----you

-c

a,b,c,d, e are steering wheel positions. this is a side view. D is the front of the car, and you are in the driver's seat

the legacy can go a-b-c... but not d, or e.

Thanks a lot! I have an 95 Accord, so I'm just used to a,b,c anyway - no big loss.

^first of all if you let a forum influence your purchasing decisions more than actually tying out the product does, you are hopeless (no offense)

I just use the forums for research, opinions, information, etc... I have to wait until next summer before my credit is good enough to buy one :( so I'm trying to find out as much as I can before then. I will definitely drive several before I actually decide to buy or not. I've driven my friend's '05 5EAT LGT once, but I am considering a '05 5MT, so that didn't help much.

Thanks a lot! I have an 95 Accord, so I'm just used to a,b,c anyway - no big loss.

I just use the forums for research, opinions, information, etc... I have to wait until next summer before my credit is good enough to buy one :( so I'm trying to find out as much as I can before then. I will definitely drive several before I actually decide to buy or not. I've driven my friend's '05 5EAT LGT once, but I am considering a '05 5MT, so that didn't help much.

i think only the really obese or really short-limbed people need telescoping steering columns. i see it as one of those "fluff" car options.

fluff car options such as seat belts, airbags, and brake fluid:lol:

car for sale. PM me!

better yet a catheter/ kill switch with the bag under the drivers seat. Kills 4 birds with 1 stone: no need for the clothes dryer, wouldnt need to stop at rest areas all the time, as the bag filled it would create a more cushy drivers seat making longer drives more comfortable, and if you ever fell out of the car while you were driving the catheter line would come with you and kill the engine. kinda like on a jet ski. ok time for me to go to bed. guess the no doz and evening workout werent such a good idea

Archived