LegacyGT.com

Features that SHOULD come on the Legacy

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your an idiot. Add weight? most of this could be done with electronics and re-programing the computer. How does bits add weight? get a clue.

You really think they can reprogram the car to OPEN the rear gate? That will take a motor. That's weight. You think they can reprogram the car to have seatbelt indicators? That's new buckles, and wires, and it's more weight.

You dont have kids I can tell (and thank god for that) Ever walk up to a car with a handfull of stuff, a child in one arm and need to open the rear hatch? Funny how most minivans have this.

No, I don't have kids, but my ex-girlfriend did. And yes, I did encounter those situations. As a matter of fact, the child was 7 years old with a severe mental and physical handicap that kept her from walking. So she was heavier than your typical 2-3 year old. I can't say I was ever not able to ... gasp ... set things down when I got to the car. If you want this feature, buy a minivan.

Remote windows are great, Audi, VW ect ect all have this...

Have you checked Audi/VW's reliability ratings lately? Pay particular attention to "Electrics/Electronics" on those vehicles. I bought my Subaru for reliability and performance. Not gadgetry.

My wife likes having the doors auto lock when she pulls away, when she is driving in the city it makes here feel more safe in stop and go trafic.

I find this to be one of the most annoying auto-nanny features ever installed on a vehicle. If I want to lock the doors, there's a very convenient switch on my door, and I often choose to use it.

Kids like to unbuckle themselfs in the back seat, I CARE about my children and would like to know when they unbuckle. The Legacy is a family car. Like it or not, its not a sports car hero.

Sounds to me that you just simply bought the wrong car.

I think there's a split between the folks who'd like to see Subaru make an upper market product (like an Acura out of a Honda) with those who'd like to see a LGT be the leanest, quickest sleeper AWD sedan.

For a Legacy, I'd say:

+1 on the bluetooth

+1 on smart windows/sunroof

Concealable roof rack mounts like what you find on a BMW 3 series

LED Brake lights

Continue to improve the SI drive concept. Make intelligent more "economy" and sport sharp with more better zoom and stuff.

Passenger sensitive NAV controls

For a higher end Subie, add to the above the following:

1. Go for the power mirror junk (reverse tilt & fold). In an urban environment, they're useful, in a rural or suburban environment, pretty useless. But, in a luxury market, more bling...

2. HIDs - whether you like 'em or not, other manufacturers have 'em

3. Better color options. Sidenote - the SOA website is pretty weak. My wife was not attracted to the way the new Subies looked on the SOA webpage. It took a trip to the dealership before she didn't think Subarus were hideous.

4. Beverage cooler/warmer

5. More legroom for rear passengers & better bench seating

6. Twin scroll turbo with a H6.

That said, I love my car. It's a blast to drive and very comfortable for long trips. It is my 3rd Legacy.

Oh yeah, and an ejector seat, smoke screen, and an oil slick dispenser.

Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity - integrated with the stereo head unit, it should not add weight.

HID Headlamps - negligible weight.

Ventilated seats - extra weight, and I know this is going to get negative response, but once you've had them, its hard to go without them.

Express up and down for ALL windows - no extra weight

Separate seat and backrest heat controls for the front seats - negligible extra weight.

Factory SPT/STI version - like Mercedes AMG, Audi S Series, BMW M, Cadillac V, Chevrolet SS, etc. etc. etc. More HP and upgraded brakes to go with the suspension and tranny of the spec B.

BTW, my current 13.3MPG '07 Suburban has power liftgage, rearview camera, autolock in drive, tilt passenger side mirror in reverse, and a host of other electronic gimmicks including rain sensing wipers. The liftgate is extremely slow and the back end of the cargo compartment gets soaked when its used in the rain as a result. I can back out of my garage and be headed down the street prior to the camera getting activated. I hate the autolock/unlock - it really just adds unnecessary wear and tear on the lock solenoids. As I'm leaning against the door panel during what limited spirited cornering the vehicle can handle because of the lack of side bolsters on the seat, I really doubt that the door locked would keep it from opening. I disabled the tilt mirror feature in the vehicle programming. And you don't wont to get me started on the freaking wipers.

It all reminds me of the '94 Cadillac SLS my mother had years ago - it had so many electrical glitches Dad finally told the dealer he was going to paint a lemon on the two front doors with a sign that read Ready Kilowatt.

+1 on smart windows/sunroof

It's available. OEM? No, but it is available. And I'm sure much less than an OEM unit would run as an option. There's a link posted in this thread regarding auto-windows.

Remote window control for up / down once you are outside the car.

PLUG!!! At least now it can be added. PLUG !!!

Regards

Scott

www.autowindow.com

Exactly! I already posted this once this thread.....but people CHOOSE not to see it, because frankly......people love to complain about what they don't have. :rolleyes:

Heated steering wheel (I have lived in Minnesota all my life and HATE driving with gloves on). I hope all you pu$$ys that don't want this get your mitten clips tangled in the shifter.

Exterior light monitor (when a bulb burns out it triggers a dash light). My '94 Camry had this. Should be mandated by law...too many effin idiots with brake lights out.

Variable vane turbo to get rid of the lag.

Large diameter wheels demand calipers that look nice.

More durable paint and glass.

Better designed interior storage. I want someplace CONVENIENT to put my sunglasses, cell phone and other small items (bring back the little drawer where the fuses are rather than that simple cover).

Gas filled hood struts (prop rods are for Kias).

It is still ugly.

Heated steering wheel (I have lived in Minnesota all my life and HATE driving with gloves on). I hope all you pu$$ys that don't want this get your mitten clips tangled in the shifter.

LMAO. You call us pu$$ys yet you can't handle a cold steering wheel. :lol:

:p

More durable paint and glass.

I agree with you 150% on this one.

Two options I wish were available for my car:

Bluetooth integrated with the NAV and/or radio,

Driver seat memory - like someone said before, I can't even get into the car if my wife has been driving.

One thing to change in the next update: allow the passenger to change the NAV while the vehicle is in motion!

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

The average middle-aged & older person I talk to that asks me how I like my subaru tells me if they're gonna get one it wont be a turbo. Every one of them. That right there tells you something.

Aw, you're just making that up. (The part about people actually wanting to talk to you!):spin::spin::spin:

We Wyoming pussies don't need no stinkin' gloves in winter inside a HEATED sedan. We wear GLOVES outside. Do you Minnesota pussies (age 8+) actually wear mittens????:lol::lol:

Aw, you're just making that up. (The part about people actually wanting to talk to you!):spin::spin::spin:

I'm gonna use you as an example next time I teach a class on why it's important to use Birth Control.:rolleyes:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

:munch:

Keep this on track guys... or it's going the way of the dinosaurs.

And stop with the personal insults and the dodging of the swear filter.

I, for one did not "dodge" the swear filter. The filter doesn't recognize the correct spelling of more than one little kitty cat.

P.S.: I'd like an optional assault rifle storage built in to the underside of the Legacy trunk lid. Something form fitting and nicely lined in suede with room for at least 5 30 round magazines. This keeps rattling around back there:

http://stg.home.bresnan.net/Wyoming-Travel-Kit.jpg

I, for one did not "dodge" the swear filter. The filter doesn't recognize the correct spelling of more than one little kitty cat.

P.S.: I'd like an optional assault rifle storage built in to the underside of the Legacy trunk lid. Something form fitting and nicely lined in suede with room for at least 5 30 round magazines. This keeps rattling around back there:

http://stg.home.bresnan.net/Wyoming-Travel-Kit.jpg

You'll need a collapsing stock on that rifle to get it to fit. The trunk lid is too narrow!:lol:

no really, to be serious to the guys that need cooling seats and heated steering wheel, there is heating and A/C in the car. after 2 minutes of heating you will be fine and not need a steering wheel heater. And to the cooling seats, i would like them because i live in san diego, but not to an extent were i cant live without them, and there is AC which cools me down fast enough on a hot day.

no really, to be serious to the guys that need cooling seats and heated steering wheel, there is heating and A/C in the car. after 2 minutes of heating you will be fine and not need a steering wheel heater.

ever had to drive a car at 6am when the temperature is BELOW -20f? Take more than 15 min to warm the car up enough to have the seat actually flex when you sit it in, let alone have warm interior. Ever get in a car so cold that when you open the door the interior light casts as much light as a match. You turn the key and it makes a groan sound, turns over and then wines some more? Trust me if you experience winter like the northern US and most of Canada, you would appreciate heated seats and steering wheels.

I carry the AR15, SKS, SSG 69, etc. in the Legacy because the .50 caliber Boys anti-tank rifle won't really fit in the trunk.

1. Open carry is legal in Wyoming. Carrying in a vehicle is legal. Both require no permits.

2. Wyoming is a "shall issue" state. That means unless you have a criminal record or mental condition, you will get a CCW permit.

3. I carry because the State of Wyoming respects the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

4. There are 340 rounds in the picture. :lol:

Archived