LegacyGT.com

Dirty Engine + 2 minutes + CD2 = Yowzers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wait so you just spray and go? do you have to bust out a rag at all?

a rag is needed to wipe everything down, unless you want it to be super ultra dripping wet gloss

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

Well I'm impressed! Now, this is not harmful in any way to any of the engine parts? Like getting in on the intercooler? Or causing hoses to wear prematurely down the road? Nothing like that?

Well I'm impressed! Now, this is not harmful in any way to any of the engine parts? Like getting in on the intercooler? Or causing hoses to wear prematurely down the road? Nothing like that?

hoses are fine

i duno anything about no intercoolerz....

but i hear they melt sometimes...

OBSERVATION:

this stuff will keep parts clean and grease free. its got nonstick properties like teflon or pam or something.

i tried using some HVAC foil tape to patch things up temporarily (dont ask) and Nothing would stick to the plastic treated with this stuff

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

I sold my '99 Accord in Feb of '07. I had a mechanic check it over before I sold it to make sure everything was in order. I never once changed a belt on that car and he said they all looked brand new. They weren't even cracking on the edges like belts do after a couple years of wear. They looked like they were just replaced yesterday. I've been using CD2 on that engine at least every other month since I bought it new. I can definitely say that if it were to have any adverse results on hoses and belts then I would have seen it on that car.

As far as getting it on the intercooler, you shouldn't really be spraying it up there anyway. This is for plastics and rubber and not aluminum. It isn't going to hurt it, but you don't need to be wasting it on areas that won't benefit from it. If you leave the engine cover on while spraying it I would just say to go around the intercooler and not over it. The only real parts to avoid are the electrical connections and the alternator. Exposed air filters are to be avoided too if you have any of those. I think I posted a picture somewhere of LGT areas to avoid...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sweet! You should have done this prior to yesterday. ;) That best engine award was only for lack of other contestants. It really wasn't that impressive to be honest, but it was the cleanest of the bunch.

OCDETAILS BLOG

No problemo. No favortism whatsoever for the Legacy either. It simply was the best paint in the show. A car that lives in a garage and only sees the sun when it is in a show should be flawless and not swirled up like the cars that came out. A daily driver the shows up swirl free is an impressive beast. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

you know. I have went to the parts stores around here and even asked for it specifically. and they look at me like i am stupid.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

that will happen. I had the guys @ autozone tell me for a second that the black magic stuff is the same stuff (it's not). And then the one guy was jealous cause he uses it and I found a few cans in the back.

DocHolladay23

did you use engine degreaser 1st? My intake header thingys (i'm being very technical today) are dirty as crap.... not sure what the best way to get em clean would be (with the plugs right there and such)

anyone got any tips for that?

looks good. Reminds me that I haven't opened my hood in a while.. cept to change my oil a few weeks ago, and even then I only focused on the dipstick, the oil neck and the underside.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have an AutoZone? If so then that is where I would look. If you don't, then you probably won't have much success locating it. AutoZone seems to be the place to shop for it if you are in the states. I've seen empty spots on shelves of Checker as well, but I'm don't believe that chain goes very far east of the Mississippi.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived