LegacyGT.com

Dirty Engine + 2 minutes + CD2 = Yowzers

not the ones by me!

bummer.. you can also give "Tuff Stuff" a try. I've been using it for years with great success. I know OCD just started using it and likes the results. You should be able to find that pretty much anywhere.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to put Tuff Stuff against Prestone during my next tough interior project just to see which one works better. I really dig the brush on the Prestone can, but Tuff Stuff seems to be working out well in other areas as well as the carpets. It says on the can that it will clean other areas like plastics and vinyls, so I've been using it on the interior where your feet are and places like that. So far it is really good stuff.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hey, you can look around locally if you want, but I've been all over the place where I'm at and it isn't carried anywhere. This just isn't carried on the shelf anymore in very many places. The best thing to do is buy a case so that you can at least get your shipping worth out of it. Or do what I did and apply for their VISA card and get a $30 credit on your statement. I doubt that I'll ever use that card again, but this crap is expensive and a $30 discount was really tough to resist. I damn near bought two cases. lol

OCDETAILS BLOG

Here's my attempt. Before, wet, and after toweled off. I used stoner tire dressing.

I agree that there is more than one way to make your engine shine. I've used tire dressing before too and it works great. The thing I like about CD2 is how long it lasts, the low dust attraction, it wipes off paint without streaking, and most importantly it is designed for engines. I'm all for the 'whatever works' philosophy, but if my choices are going to produce similar results, then sometimes I'll go for the one designed for the task at hand and maybe pay a couple bucks more for it. I'm just never as satisfied with tire dressing as I am with CD2. The stuff is just flat out addictive.

OCDETAILS BLOG

<sniff> <sniff> Group buy anyone? We should do local GBs and get 6 people to pitch in. That would be cheaper than ordering the cans individually. I wonder if I put in an order for something like 5 cases if they would send each case to a different address....? That would save even more.

OCDETAILS BLOG

well then what is the benefit of doing that? Sheesh...

Maybe they would give a volume discount or something, although I doubt it. This stuff is worth ten bucks a can. Even when I can find it on the shelf it runs near $7 a can I think.

OCDETAILS BLOG

After reading about CD2 from OCDetails last Fall I used it on my newly-purchased 2005 LGT Wagon. It had been driven for 1 1/2 years and 25,000 miles without cleaning under the hood. It wasn't as bad as I've seen on older cars, but it was pretty bad especially compared to the exterior like-new look. On the advice of a Subaru mods-and-service shop I use, I first sprayed diluted Simple Green on everything and gently hosed it off and let it dry. I then sprayed CD2, let it dry, and did some wiping. It looked like I had labored for hours instead of a few minutes. I figure once every six months will keep it looking good.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Another happy customer. Local auto zone computer said they had 4 in stock. Found 1 can in the far back of the case (guess it got burried).

Went back a week later and found the other 3, promtly bought out the store.

Before n After pics:

IMG_5550.thumb.jpg.3cc08186176dc04453f0c01682b237a9.jpg

IMG_5555.thumb.jpg.16a16496d1c64aca4a08caf4dfea33a9.jpg

Very nice! Make sure you watch the alternator if you choose to finish that strip in front of it. You could probably just stick a piece of cardboard or something between that and the alternator so that no spray gets on it. It's just one of those areas that you don't want to spray flamable or combustible things on. I've seen alternators start on fire before and I would hate to have that happen to anyone. :) Great work on that engine! Be proud of that!

OCDETAILS BLOG

Thanks! I let everything dry under a light and used my krylon skills to keep the spray where I wanted. I didn't even use engine degreaser, just some cd2. So if it works so well on the firewall n stuff, why not use this on the exterior paint?

• 3 weeks later...
I found some at Autozone and tried it on the Z/28 with good results.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived