LegacyGT.com

Bbs Ch

fressshhh

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]This Sticky has everything.[/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [font='Times New Roman'][url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426"][u][color=#800080]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426[/color][/u][/url][/font]

I am sure those are the 17x8.5 with the 35mm offset running a really narrow tire like 245/40/17 or lesser size.. the tire is sitting pretty much flush against the body fenders, that's for sure.. it looks good as a show car with those rims, but not a good wheel size to drive around in for daily use... Keefe
Keefe

Fressshhh, I really wanted BBS CHs for my LegGT/Ltd, silver wagon, BUT (bad bews) Tire Rack, BBS tech support and local speed shop all said no go. CHs are not made with correct off-set and bolt pattern combo. Same thing true with OZ and a number of other great looking, quality wheels. I eventually went with Prodirve 1s, 18x7.5 with 53 offset. I reallyj wanted 17x7.5, but 17 inch wheels were 7in wide. I have wanted to up to 225 tires and wanted 7.5 wheels to support them. Good luck, let us know what you get.

agctr, my car has been off loaded from train in Calif and sitting on a truck for ten days. Suby does not know where it is at moment. This glitch is my first bad experience with Leg GT purchase. Just as soon as I get my car, I will have wheels installed and windows tinted. Jedimaster was kind enough to offer hosting my pics just as soon as car arrives and goodies are installed. Note: The invoice price I got on my LegGT/Ltd wagon, and all add-ons, ride & drive test drive with pro-race drivers, contact for Prodrive wheels and quality tint company in my location all came from this site. In addition, I will be adding PINK sti springs to my car after first of year and all the testing etc, came from contacts on this site (see RaceComp/Xenonk.) No surprise I am a contributing member. Can you say PAYBACK/VALUE? Great quality people on this site. Thanks to all, even our resident skeptic/wet blanket, gtguy, for keeping all of us in the lunatic catagory versus idiot catagory.

Great to hear MtnSub, hopefully with the aid of the US Army GPS service, Subaru will be able to lock down on yr ride......... keep us updated and thanks for shelling the bling for the SEXY BLACK TITLE ........... Yup GTGUY is an upstanding guy, keeping us SoCalled Punks in line. Your alright in my books Kevin, keep on rollin. Adam.

Well, if the CHs won't work, how about forged. RE. Will RE Fit? [img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/bbs/swap/bbs_re_ci3_l.jpg[/img] Also, The ASA JH3. Does that wheel look like the JDM/Euro 3.0R Spec B rim, or what? [img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/asa/swap/asa_jh3_c_ci3_l.jpg[/img] The good news is that it comes in 17x7.5, and 18x8 in decent offsets, both in chrome and silver. Chrome on black or red might be really cool, if on the edge of too much bling. Silver would look good on all the legacy colors.

I just dont understand really why the BBS CH wont work. I mean surely BBS would have brought out a rim that can pretty much fit anything and everything. Is there anything that you could do personally to the legacy/liberty to enable these bad boys to fit if you really really wanted to. OR is the another similar rim NOT the RE that has similar looks and feel to the CH? Adam.

[quote name='SFGR415']Keefe do you know what rims are those on the black car behind the white ones with bbs ch's? Nice size lip.[/QUOTE] Not sure, but they are 17"s.. I can only assume it's a JDM wheel.. it's a split 5-spoke.. dont let the lip fool you as the rims are bent in to match the lip to create the deep dish look (if you look carefully). Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='agctr']I just dont understand really why the BBS CH wont work. I mean surely BBS would have brought out a rim that can pretty much fit anything and everything. Is there anything that you could do personally to the legacy/liberty to enable these bad boys to fit if you really really wanted to. OR is the another similar rim NOT the RE that has similar looks and feel to the CH? Adam.[/QUOTE] They wont work for daily driving use.. what you see in the pic is for show use only.. meaning they just rolled the car onto the showroom floor like that.. there is no way (not in the US at least) on those particular CHs would work on our roads.. in Japan, it's different, their roads are like glass, and you can get away way with anything, ever see 20 rims on a civic all tucked RIGHT on the fender lip? They literally have their chassis sitting just 3mm off the tire. It's easier to deal with a HIGHER OFFSET RIM to convert to a lower offset rim with the use of spacers, but not the other way around. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='RaceComp Engineering']THe FLATT car uses spacers and is VERY stiff, so it wont rub. THE CH WONT FIT . THE RE fits as Keefe and I tried it, and its incredible. If someone could host it, I can send it to whomever. Myles[/QUOTE] Any idea why Tire Rack doesn't show the RE as a wheel that fits the LGT? RGRs work, according to them, but not RE's.

Archived