LegacyGT.com

SpecB owners, what do you do

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I freaked out. Joined the army. Went into business for myself. I'm a professional killer.

... incidentally, no post-graduate work is needed. You just jump right in.

Are you still with Minnie Driver or have you moved onto greener pastures?

We're getting either an LGT or spec.B in October after the wife's FXT lease is up. I'm hinting at the wife that she wants/needs the 6 speed and the torsen LSD. The car will be technically for my wife and I'll only be a part-time driver of it so we'll see what happens. Assuming that we do get a spec.B I'll add to the list:

Me: .NET/Lotus Domino developer/admin at a major Railroad (another I.T. geek)

Wife: Human Resources Asst. at an Insurance Co.

architectural draftsman...looking to license in the near future (I do have a graduate architectural degree). I work for a design-build construction firm. I'm always on a stinkin' computer!
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Me: .NET/Lotus Domino developer/admin at a major Railroad (another I.T. geek)

I.T., I'd take that ... railroading, my dream job you lucky dog.

Must be BNSF in Lincoln ... or could it be UP in North Platte. Either way I'm jealous!!

:hide:

I teach physics and astronomy and write sci-fi books for young readers. Next book (Maurice and the Doomed Colony of Mars) is due out late this fall.

I always wanted to fly a rocket ship - my Spec.B is the closest thing I will ever get to doing that! :lol:

What an elitist thread !

You know that wasn't actually the reason for posting. Actually specB owners are holding the same jobs as other LGT owners. There is NO difference between us.http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37251

Well except we're dumb enough to pay a couple of grand for NAV, 6-sp with torsen, and bilsteins from the factory.

Well except we're dumb enough to pay a couple of grand for NAV, 6-sp with torsen, and bilsteins from the factory.

Well said... I wish people would just stop for a second and read what they write.

The spec.b is probably (on average) 5-6k more than what a LGT is. That translates into a relatively small difference in monthly payment. Specb owners are not elitists, not rich, and are certainly no different than any other LGT owner.

Just because someone posts a question about the 6-speed or any other part specific to the spec.B doesn't mean they're trying to be a show off or snobby towards other owners. And these particular threads aren't any different than the "Post pictures of your car" threads... in this case, there are a few other differences than color. The owners of these cars love their cars and they are enthusiests just the same as everyone else...

[edit] Also, this message is only for Spec.B owners... I don't associate with LGT owners anymore... :p

Seriously... lighten up people.

lol

I count the bear population in the great state of Maine. I wander around the woods counting all the bear droppings I see then multiply by a factor 29.312 than deduct the number of lost hikers I find. If they are alive they can mess up my bear estimates because I have to waste time leading their sorry asses out of the woods. And no I don`t drive my Spec. B in the woods I use my 01 VDC.:spin:

I agree with you dr_sharp. I do not pretend to be an elitist. I am just a new legacy owner who just had to have the red interior. I'm sure most of the people on this forum have nicer mods and add on's to their LGT's than my stock one and there probably faster. I also see no reason to be snobby, I'm not driving an Aston Martin Vanquish or somthing like that. It's just a Subaru. Everyone must dirve their beloved Leggy and be happy. :)

Im going to school to be engineer(probably mechanical) but before my sister got her license I had to drive her everywhere, taking the burden off parents, and also did landscaping and snowplowing for family business(Was never paid, never complained). Now that she has her liscense, I still do the landscaping and snowplowing(still not paid) along with Golf course maintence.

Dan

thanks for the factoid. :lol: bosco

I should have written the 06 Spec.B is the quickest instead of fastest.

The 06 seems to have the most torque but the 07 is probably faster has higher WHP which, when coupled to the 6 speed with speed limiter removed, should have the higher top end.

The 08 has a steel hood, no?

I'll tell you one thing, bos, farting around with the 06 Spec. on the freeway in third and 4th gear is a torquelicious delight.

Archived