LegacyGT.com

SpecB owners, what do you do

I work as IT support for a metal cutting companies Environmental Health and Safety department. I support our online management system for 84 plants around the world.

what about lgt owners that have a modified lgt which smokes spec b in every category? :)

Not every category, I've still got cooler looking seats.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I work as a janitor for Vons; ride my bicycle to work and keep the environment clean; LGT is just there to look at and measure the pollution level from other cars

I'm one of the many Sysadmin/IT peoples here.

I don't think the job has any meaning to owning a Spec.B. Only thing special about us Spec.B owners is we paid a high premium for extra luxury. Seriously I don't see my car being any better than an LGT. I bought it because I wanted the nav and the 6 speed not because its better than a normal LGT.

I'll admit it, I over payed a premium for stuff that isn't that much greater in the whole scheme of things. If LGT came with nav and a manual trans I would have been all over that and spent the extra savings on other parts. Same reason I bought a black macbook. It wasn't really that much better than the other model, it just that the manufacture put the stuff I wanted only in one certain model and unfortunately I'm willing to pay the extra for it. In the end, its still a LGT regardless if its a Spec.B or not.

Electrician for bnsf railway- RAILROADER!

I don't own a Spec B (they weren't even making them when I bought my car), but I work for BNSF too. Currently a Conductor in the Powder River Division.

I don't own a Spec B (they weren't even making them when I bought my car), but I work for BNSF too. Currently a Conductor in the Powder River Division.

My dream job!! You lucky bastard ... all those coal drags, dynamic brakes screaming. I got a chubby just thinking about it!

You can go to sleep smiling tonight knowing you are one mans idol.

My dream job!! You lucky bastard ... all those coal drags, dynamic brakes screaming. I got a chubby just thinking about it!

You can go to sleep smiling tonight knowing you are one mans idol.

It can be an interesting job, but I'm still new at it. You forgot to add: locomotives bouncing up and down on the rails in 8 throttle trying to get started up hills out of the mines; yanking knuckles in two; pulling draw bars out; and having locomotives decide to puke all their coolant out on long drags up steady grades.

Started in January and moved up to SD from MO. Right now I get to bounce around the division where ever my seniority will hold me. In another month though I'll be working my dirty rotten balls off (I hope), until late fall early winter. Then into Locomotive Engineer school as soon as I can bid it.

I will be getting into the 401K as soon as possible and will buy discounted stock later this year anyway. Between a good 401K contribution and not paying into social security (we get Railroad retirement instead, pays much much better and it's solvent) I should be in good shape in another 32 years.

I figured edkwon would keep silent.

CreoSTI where are you?

I just dont like to really discuss my career with strangers, and it definitely doesnt add anything to this thread. jobs are jobs and money is money, i'm not in the mood to compare.

I never owned a subaru before but always like the lgt. I just wanted something different/rare but sporty/luxurious and functional(awd) at the same time.

I saved some money up and with those requirements, there wasn't a whole lotta choices in that 30k out the door price bracket. Plus i haven't seen a car with a nicer interior color scheme yet ;)

It can be an interesting job, but I'm still new at it. You forgot to add: locomotives bouncing up and down on the rails in 8 throttle trying to get started up hills out of the mines; yanking knuckles in two; pulling draw bars out; and having locomotives decide to puke all their coolant out on long drags up steady grades.

Started in January and moved up to SD from MO. Right now I get to bounce around the division where ever my seniority will hold me. In another month though I'll be working my dirty rotten balls off (I hope), until late fall early winter. Then into Locomotive Engineer school as soon as I can bid it.

I will be getting into the 401K as soon as possible and will buy discounted stock later this year anyway. Between a good 401K contribution and not paying into social security (we get Railroad retirement instead, pays much much better and it's solvent) I should be in good shape in another 32 years.

I applied for a UP train worker position this year. How did you get in?

Archived