LegacyGT.com

Had recall done, now the fans run

Anyone have this happen to them?

Put my 05 into the shop for the fan relay recall. All they did was replace the relay. Now, after a five or ten mile ride the cooling fan is running full blast. It will reset if I shut off and restart. Never had the problem until Friday's service attp. Any suggestions before I send it back in?

FYI, I checked with my AP for codes, there were none.

^^^^ Yes, Im afraid so, but it does not stay stuck on all the time. They will probably just order an ECU.

Question; Should I un marry the ECU tonight?

yes you should... if the relay had not stopped working then they just swap it for a new relay.... if the relay does go faulty - then they assume that damage has been done to the ECU as well, and will replace it.

I would assume that they are going to swap ECU's on you, so i'd play it safe and unmarry first.

btw - this thread makes me worry now --- i went 33k miles on the stock relay with zero problems -- but decided to swing by the dealer yesterday for the hell of it, just to have this recall taken care of.... If the fan starts going now i'm going to be pissed.

Does it run when you turn the AC off?

^^^^^^ Yup, runs with NO A/C.

When you switch the AC on you can hear the condensor fan kick in also. That main cooling fan is very noisy when going full speed. I've never heard it ever hit that high of a speed before.

Has anyone with an AP actually had an ECU replaced? It ECU is here today and now the fans seem ok. So needless to say, I'm a little nervous about doing this.

Input greatly appreciated!

I have! It is a simple unmarry, remarry process. In fact, I actually used Open source tools to flash a suitable map onto the ecu to drive home, as it takes like 2 min. vs 30-35 for the AP marrying process.

What mods do you have again? If you are still on stock injector's, then you really don't need to load any AP maps until you get home. Just drive it easy til then...

Awesome, thanks. I am stage 2 with the stock turbo and catless. I was just worried if SOA threw something in the EEPROM to stop us from re-mapping.

I was just looking at your set up, what is that car putting to the wheels???? Ballpark figuire?

Awesome, thanks. I am stage 2 with the stock turbo and catless. I was just worried if SOA threw something in the EEPROM to stop us from re-mapping.

I was just looking at your set up, what is that car putting to the wheels???? Ballpark figuire?

It was 345whp, but now it has a different tmic, and no alky. So about 25whp less. Not to worry, soon enough it'll have a fmic & alky back on, and it should get to upper 300's, I'm guessing about 385whp give or take;)

Archived