LegacyGT.com

HPS pads...noise?

Yebbey

I just installed some HPS pads and there's a bit of screeching noise under light breaking. Is this normal?

yep, I get the same thing. kinda annoying, but I've gotten used to it. also think about putting some wax on your wheels. I've noticed that the pads put more brake dust out than I'd like on them. makes cleaning the wheels alot easier.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I didnt get any screetching till a few months on them. Now i get it when driving around town, but you can only hear it w/ the windows down.

Try a few hard stops. You could be getting build up on the rotors. Dealer told me to do this when my stock pads started making noise. I jammed the brakes (safely) about 3 or 4 times and 95% of the noise went away.

thanks for the responses. I did follow the bed in instructions. It's mostly only noticeable with the windows down, but if I don't have the radio on, I can also hear it.....I just wanted to make sure I wasnt' the only . Thanks.

Yeah, I only get it on really light stops. Any real pressure on the pedal and no noise.

Ditto....

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Try a few hard stops. You could be getting build up on the rotors. Dealer told me to do this when my stock pads started making noise. I jammed the brakes (safely) about 3 or 4 times and 95% of the noise went away.

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Im not saying that these pads arent supposed to be noisy, but they are performance pads so quiet braking was not the reaspn to buy these pads.

Hawk HPS = Street pad and according to Hawk are supposed to be very very quiet.

Hawk HP+ = True performance pad it squeaks.

what is anti-squeal? I have these pads and lines coming tomorrow from King of Parts and are going on on Thursday.

It's like a paste or stuff you spray (it depednd on what you have available) that you put on in between the shim and the brake pad to keep the thing from squealing.

It's pretty much standarad op for most brake jobs.

Archived