LegacyGT.com

How did you install your Aero Spats?

BigT

Well, we all know the fitment issues with some JDM stuff on our cars. How did people install their aero spats on the car? I know some people said they just drilled new holes into the rock blocker. Also, what did you do about the wing hanging off the front aero spats? Cut it off?

-T

Pics would be a plus!

• 1 month later...
Floor jack to lift car. Drilled new pilot holes and installed with the 2 black bolts provided in the hardware kit. Piece of cake once the car was up and could get the drill underneath the car.

bent the tabs and used a right angle drill with socket to drive the included hex screws into the rocker. once I realized that's how it was supposed to go....easy!

• 1 month later...

If you got them thru Japanparts then you have the instructions. A drawing is worth how many words...

The rears are simple as it uses mounting holes that are already there, just match up your hardware and follow the pic's. Make sure that you clean the area where the tape goes in order to get maximum tape stickage. Leave the tape for last after everything is bolted up, and use the tip in the instructions about pre-peeling a corner and then taping it to the outside of the spats.

The fronts are a bit more time consuming. The front part of the spat bolts up to mounting holes that are already there. The hardest part is the tab on the bottom. As some say you can simply secure them with large self-tapping screws. What I did was to mount the spats in front using the hardware. Then with a helper making sure that everything was lined up and in place I folded the tab under and marked the location. And then did it again to make sure it was right. I took the spats back off and drilled (having a 90 degree drill attachment really helps here)into the rockerpanel cover using a stepped drill bit to the diameter of the white anchor blocks. I then used a hobby knife to square off the corners of each hole and inserted the anchor blocks. From there it is a straight bolt on and tape.

I know pictures would have been better but it was so easy that I forgot to take any.

think u can find a 08' LGT and see if they still fit the 08's? I want some JDM Spats for the 08'

Oooooh, good question. It isn't a re-design that has altered the dimensions of the outsides, per se, so they should fit, but I'm a n00b and don't know what I'm talking about... so don't sue me if they don't fit.

/disclaimer.

Archived