LegacyGT.com

SPT intake, yes or no???

I think this thread is completely off topic. I forgot the OP already after all the arguing, but I believe the concern was will the intake cause the car to run rich/lean.

Without a tune, I believe the car will compensate and run richer. I do not know that for certain, but it was the case with Impreza's. Since you cannot get a tune for your car, i would try to persuade away from purchasing the spt intake as you would be spending money to make the car louder, and less gas efficient, while not adding any power (possibly losing power in extreme heat). As stated, if you want the sound and bling, go for it. If anything, I would get a panel filter (is the sti one ok? you can still get that from the dealer) and hopefully you can get a stage 0 tune soon, or nothing.

:lol: :lol: /\ Just because Subaru("a car company") is selling something doesn't make it perfect,work right or be totaly acceptable.Your naivete to marketing/sales is amusing to say the least.

Do a search on the original SPT exhaust if you'd like a prime example of there quality control.

Or maybe we can discuss the virtues of a front upper strut bar,Subaru sells them, so according to your logic they must do wonders fr your car because of all the R&D Subaru put into the product .:rolleyes:

You want noise ,under hood bling,and Subarus extensive R&D buy the intake.

You want heresay drop in a Perrin,AVO,K&N,Blitz etc panel filter;)

what??

last i checked subaru didn't build the spt products. i never said they did nor did i say they did the r&d on them. i said they build cars. CARS. r&d on CARS. subaru has their own intake...it's called stock. when it's inadequet for STOCK anything on the car, let me know. untill then, pull the tuners caulk out your mouth and do your own r&d. or you can think for yourself for once. either will do everyone a great service.

you roll eyes at you own inability to read.

have a good day.

Here we go again :lol:

I too was an unbeliever, and I added an intake without a tune. Then I saw the light and took logs.

Result ?

-7 KC, and exhaust temps increased by over 100 degrees with no increase in MAF.

This was over two years ago, and now I listen to the people on here who know what they are talking about.

Here we go again :lol:

I too was an unbeliever, and I added an intake without a tune. Then I saw the light and took logs.

Result ?

-7 KC, and exhaust temps increased by over 100 degrees with no increase in MAF.

This was over two years ago, and now I listen to the people on here who know what they are talking about.

was it the spt intake :)

I got an idea, how about everyone do what they want to do, regardless of what we tell them. People usually don't listen until the mistake is made. Life lessons are better taught through experience rather than hearsay.

what??

i said they build cars. CARS. r&d on CARS. subaru has their own intake...it's called stock. when it's inadequet for STOCK anything on the car, let me know. untill then, pull the tuners caulk out your mouth and do your own r&d. or you can think for yourself for once. either will do everyone a great service.

you roll eyes at you own inability to read.

have a good day.

Maybe if you could write coherently and use correct punctuation and spelling we could ALL understand what your trying to say about CARS !:lol: :lol:

click me\/

97966905_dc8d4f65f8_m.jpg.4935fcf15cf04b970a04d938ea5fcdee.jpg

This place just gets out of hand. Very entertaining for a boring Monday at work.

This is very likely the most childish forum I've ever signed up for :)

The mis-information, arguing, speculation, hearsay, and just plain wrong-ness is amazing as you read through different topics.

owell. there is still good info in here if you sift enough. tech sections are cool.

I keep coming back anyways...???

Dumb question perhaps, but I'm just learning about this stuff at the most elementary stages right now.

What do they mean by stock, stage 1 and stage 2? How does one know which state his car is in, how does he change states, and why does he care?

Seriously, we should all donate to a few well respected tuners out there and have them test ALL intakes and EVERY setup

K&N, Perrin, SPT, AEM for each Stage 0, 1, 2

that will shut everyone up. and there will never again be a thread about intakes.

My car was running rich with the K&N Intake with base Cobb stage 2 tune. Don't know how it will effect the SPT intake though but I know rich is better than lean on an engine so keep that in mind if you get one without a tune.

I found this Tech Article over at Cobb. I think this has some good info on intake systems and related do-s and don'ts about the different systems too.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3223

Hope this helps out if anyone has happened to miss this article.

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

My car was running rich with the K&N Intake with base Cobb stage 2 tune. Don't know how it will effect the SPT intake though but I know rich is better than lean on an engine so keep that in mind if you get one without a tune.

is still find it odd that a 07 spec b can have the spt and pull more stock power off a dyno than about all other gt's/specb's.

yet, by everyone's claim, it takes 20 hp.

there is a reason i am unbiased.

keep in mind...i am sure the 07's air filter is smaller than the 06's. and the claim was 30hp/30ftlb for an 07 and no other m.y. legacy.

Archived