LegacyGT.com

Considering getting a Legacy GT or GTO...few questions

gunslash

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone who denies the bargain factor of a Z06 is crazy. They've been hailed all around the world as a super-car beater. Sure, if you want to build a car than spend $70k building one. But if you want a somewhat liveable, seriously fast car that can whoop cars twice its price, a Z06 is a great choice. Not saying I'd ever buy one... but you have to respect it for what it is.

the 05 and 06 GTO's have 400 horses, correct? if so, then i think it would be a close race with a stage 2 legacy.

but i just saw a GTO this afternoon (the first 06 ive ever seen in person) and it was damn sexy and badass with those "nostril" style hood scoops. i guess i would have to go with the GTO.

but remember this, the vette gets 'em wet

• 4 weeks later...

Resurrected.

Buddy of mine just got a pristine used '04 GTO last night. The thing is slick. I dont see how anyone can call the interior cheap. The leather is of very high quality and the door suade/leather inserts are something I wish the legacy had. Some very nice trim touches in the car. The back seat really was pretty comfortable with its bucket seats. I didnt check out the trunk, but I would say the rest of the car was very nice. I dont know if I care for the green backlit radio/trip computer, but the gauges were pretty similar to the Legacy in a lot of ways. Very nice car all around. I was definitely impressed.

Go Cardinals!

I dont know if I could go with a GTO. NOw if you were to boost it and redo the whole suspension then maybe I would own one. I know I could drag a GTO's ass right now in a bigger AWD family sedan no one will know whats coming at them. I would never keep a car stock so thats just me. I almost bought a c5 vette and had my basket full of a supercharger and all the other goodies but decided I didnt want to be like every other 40-50 yo guy here in oklahoma. Either way I would spend 15-20K in mods in any car I have so it doesnt matter to me. I have seen many stock gto's run 14's at the track do to traction and suspension issues. My VF30'd WRX put a hurting on a trailored GTO a couple summers ago at the 1320. But if your in new york for the winters I would definitely go with a AWD car before a 400 hp rwd car anyday.

I've thought about it, and thought about it some more, and I settled on the GTO folks. I do think the LGT is a better/more practical car overall, but at this point in my life(no wife/kids...just a job), I want to get a car in which I can have as much politically incorrect fun as possible. Gas prices aren't really a big issue for me. I don't have to drive far to work (3-4 miles), and I don't really drive in downtown manhattan if I can help it.

I won't be staying in NYC for too long, and while I do, I'll also have access to an Impala which does really well in the winter.

Well, thanks for all the advice folks, and if I could I'd own both...maybe someday!

I have owned a Legacy GT for 18 months. Also before that, a WRX in 02,03, STi in 04,05.

I now own (for the last 7 weeks) a 06 GTO 6 speed.

Call me if you wish.

Mike (503) 440- 1960

This thread just keeps dragging on and on

IMHO

Legacy: Probably a more economical solution, perhaps a little better finish, decent mod potential

GTO: Balls to the walls power, unlimited mod potential, 500hp is an easy feat with the LSX motors.

Plus. . .perhaps the best comparison. . . .a Legacy will never sound like my buddies GTO:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/8c332b7b-0af4-4aa9-b813-9929018205cb.htm

The GTO back seat is a joke. Nice car, otherwise......

Whats wrong with the GTO back seat? I mean this is a coupe, mind you. I just sat in the back of a GTO yesterday. The legroom is comparable to the Legacy, and the seats are bolstered and comfortable. Albeit, you can only have two in the back, and its a PITA to get back there (coupe FTL), but its pretty comfortable once you are actually sitting back there. I'd still rather have a LGT, but the GTO isnt bad at all.

Go Cardinals!

I've thought about it, and thought about it some more, and I settled on the GTO folks. I do think the LGT is a better/more practical car overall, but at this point in my life(no wife/kids...just a job), I want to get a car in which I can have as much politically incorrect fun as possible. Gas prices aren't really a big issue for me. I don't have to drive far to work (3-4 miles), and I don't really drive in downtown manhattan if I can help it.

I won't be staying in NYC for too long, and while I do, I'll also have access to an Impala which does really well in the winter.

Well, thanks for all the advice folks, and if I could I'd own both...maybe someday!

With all due respect, you made the wrong decision.

:lol:

Whats wrong with the GTO back seat? I mean this is a coupe, mind you. I just sat in the back of a GTO yesterday. The legroom is comparable to the Legacy, and the seats are bolstered and comfortable. Albeit, you can only have two in the back, and its a PITA to get back there (coupe FTL), but its pretty comfortable once you are actually sitting back there. I'd still rather have a LGT, but the GTO isnt bad at all.

The rear seat access is the WORST design I have ever seen. I've had 2 4th Gen Camaros...and they were both EASY compared to the Goat.

I'm sorry... but moving the seat back forward.... hitting a little button... waiting 15 seconds... getting in.... hitting the button again for 15 seconds... then putting the seat back in the regular position... is a little much, dontcha think?

What if it is raining outside? What if you're in the back seat and the driver doesn't asssist you in getting out. It is a joke of a design.

I always treated my 4th gen bird as a 2 seater not a 2 + 2. I removed the rear buckets and just left the top of the seat folded down. It made a nice out of view place to store things like my tools and jumper cables. The GTO isn't a good car to try to make into a family coupe. If you need something practical to haul people and stuff it isn't for you.

• 1 month later...

Plus. . .perhaps the best comparison. . . .a Legacy will never sound like my buddies GTO:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/8c332b7b-0af4-4aa9-b813-9929018205cb.htm

Imagine my surprise when I click on that and see an IOWA plate. Where you and your buddy from? Don't see many GTO's here...

by the way - tell him his license plate is retarded

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Archived